• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yes kill the empty civs and get the game moving
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

• As already said, it's not possible to kill a civ. It will be converted to an AI civ.

I have two ideas :

1) to reduce the turn time to 36 (or 24) hours. We will wait less while Giwi is out.

2) since Giwi is already missing several turns, we can accept his civ beeing an AI for several turns too. It will balance the turns he's not there. I propose max 1 week under the AI. After this period we can decide again what to do.
      Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
      Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

• ok, works for eirch tuireann
        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Huygen says lets do both (24 hours and put them to AI). Going to AI is NOT a helpful thing, emperor, deity, whatever bonus included.

Comment

• Ok, if not any team opposition until the next turn (there is now 19 hours left), i'll set the turn timer to 23 hours (the real time will be 24 hours, because there is always a lag from the internal pitboss timer and the real time) and convert the Goonies to the AI until their return.

We'll test it during 1 week and discuss it again if needed

Comment

• Southern Cross thinks 36 hrs - and AI them - if someone is near them - let them attack - whatever - life is not fair - neither are Civ games - let's move on and finish this thing.
              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

• Ok, for the next turn the timer has been set on 34 'pitboss' hours =around 36 real time hours.

I'll convert the Goonies to AI tomorrow, after the turn change.

Hope you are all right with this, i'll go to sleep soon

Comment

• Originally posted by astrologix
                  Ok, for the next turn the timer has been set on 34 'pitboss' hours =around 36 real time hours.

I'll convert the Goonies to AI tomorrow, after the turn change.

Hope you are all right with this, i'll go to sleep soon
                  Well at least we wont have to put up with "Merc speak" bullcrap in another wrapper
                  *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• We are Ok with the new turn timer.

I am disappointed with the goonies. Not so much Giwi, but the original folks for making a team they did not intend to support.

I have a few ideas on a new team owner.
                    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• I said from the get go the timer was too quick for me.

No one cared.
                      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• And I just want to state my view of being turned over to the AI very clearly.

I dont ever expect it to go back to a live player. After that civ recieves the AI bonus's that it. We are done, not going to AI for a couple weeks or a month and then coming back.

If its something different that that let me know so Calysium can go AI for a turn or two and then come back
                        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                          I said from the get go the timer was too quick for me.

No one cared.
                          48 hours? We cared UnO, but there are a lot of people for whom that works.
                          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by conmcb25
                            And I just want to state my view of being turned over to the AI very clearly.

I dont ever expect it to go back to a live player. After that civ recieves the AI bonus's that it. We are done, not going to AI for a couple weeks or a month and then coming back.

If its something different that that let me know so Calysium can go AI for a turn or two and then come back
                            I may have a replacement in a day or two. Can we not set it to noble??

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                              As an aside, Astrologix, when you convert the civ to an AI, it becomes a Noble AI regardless of the level (levels in MP only are 'player' levels, in that the player happiness/healthiness/etc. constraints and barbarian bonuses, etc., are at that level; the AI is always noble in MP games). I can tell you from significant MP experience that a noble AI in an emperor game (one) is not anything to be concerned about.

Originally posted by astrologix
                              Hi Snoopy, Zoid and you all,

I would like to come back to the above statement about the AI level in multiplayer games.

I've recently created a new BTS pitboss game in the SCS Forum. The level was monarch. I left one slot in the AI hands waiting the human player arrival two days later of the start. Well, I was surprised that this AI civ was first on score on the first turn !

To verify that this AI player don't had any bonuses, I created a new pitboss monarch test game with a unique human player and several AI civs. Thus I connected to all these AI civs with my admin password, and the result was : as bonuses, all these AI civs had two archer units and one supplementary technology.

According with those tests, I have to desagree with the above statements : the AI civs gets level bonuses even in multiplayer games. We must be aware of that : My tests showed that a human civ converted into an AI civ gets bonuses. Certainly not the first turn bonuses if the conversion is done at the middle of the game, but yes the cost bonuses for the following turns (instead of 100%, the AI gets a 90 % cost for growth, production and research at monarch level and 85% at emperor level).

So, are we ok with the Goonies receiving Emperor AI bonuses until the Giwi's comeback ?
                              Reading comprehension FTW Beta

Comment

• Hmm, the difference is in normal MP you can't set an AI's difficulty level. In PTBS you can. Presumably a side-effect that was unplanned.

I'm not so sure this is true if you change a player TO ai, however. I'll test that to check.

edit: Not entirely sure how to test this unfortunately, beyond the first turn. I had four AIs, three of which started as humans of noble/emperor/deity level and one noble AI. Logged in and logged out as all three humans, kicked them all, then checked turn 2: they all had 10 bonus hammers towards their warriors in their cities. Not sure though if that's the normal for all AIs as I don't see where that's specificed in the handicapinfo.xml ...
                                Last edited by snoopy369; February 22, 2008, 21:36.
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X