Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little over 8 hours left. Only UDD left.

C'mon Dungeon Dwellers! We are rattling your chains!
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• any sign of the Goonies???
      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

• still no Goonies?

any ideas?
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Giwi might be away somewhere, he's not been playing the other Pitboss games either...
          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

• a shame indeed
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Yeah, well. I'm sure he'll turn up eventually...

Comment

• looks like not for this turn
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

• ok, another turn and no Goonies by the looks of it
                  Attached Files
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Giwi's getting a new computer and he no longer has BtS apparently. I say we switch him to AI until he comes back.

Comment

• yes indeed
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                        As an aside, Astrologix, when you convert the civ to an AI, it becomes a Noble AI regardless of the level (levels in MP only are 'player' levels, in that the player happiness/healthiness/etc. constraints and barbarian bonuses, etc., are at that level; the AI is always noble in MP games). I can tell you from significant MP experience that a noble AI in an emperor game (one) is not anything to be concerned about.
                        Hi Snoopy, Zoid and you all,

I would like to come back to the above statement about the AI level in multiplayer games.

I've recently created a new BTS pitboss game in the SCS Forum. The level was monarch. I left one slot in the AI hands waiting the human player arrival two days later of the start. Well, I was surprised that this AI civ was first on score on the first turn !

To verify that this AI player don't had any bonuses, I created a new pitboss monarch test game with a unique human player and several AI civs. Thus I connected to all these AI civs with my admin password, and the result was : as bonuses, all these AI civs had two archer units and one supplementary technology.

According with those tests, I have to desagree with the above statements : the AI civs gets level bonuses even in multiplayer games. We must be aware of that : My tests showed that a human civ converted into an AI civ gets bonuses. Certainly not the first turn bonuses if the conversion is done at the middle of the game, but yes the cost bonuses for the following turns (instead of 100%, the AI gets a 90 % cost for growth, production and research at monarch level and 85% at emperor level).

So, are we ok with the Goonies receiving Emperor AI bonuses until the Giwi's comeback ?
                        Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
                        Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

• Hmmm, that was news to me. I've always thought the AI was at noble in MP. Are you sure this is correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by astrologix

Hi Snoopy, Zoid and you all,

I would like to come back to the above statement about the AI level in multiplayer games.

I've recently created a new BTS pitboss game in the SCS Forum. The level was monarch. I left one slot in the AI hands waiting the human player arrival two days later of the start. Well, I was surprised that this AI civ was first on score on the first turn !

To verify that this AI player don't had any bonuses, I created a new pitboss monarch test game with a unique human player and several AI civs. Thus I connected to all these AI civs with my admin password, and the result was : as bonuses, all these AI civs had two archer units and one supplementary technology.

According with those tests, I have to desagree with the above statements : the AI civs gets level bonuses even in multiplayer games. We must be aware of that : My tests showed that a human civ converted into an AI civ gets bonuses. Certainly not the first turn bonuses if the conversion is done at the middle of the game, but yes the cost bonuses for the following turns (instead of 100%, the AI gets a 90 % cost for growth, production and research at monarch level and 85% at emperor level).

So, are we ok with the Goonies receiving Emperor AI bonuses until the Giwi's comeback ?
                            well bugger, that blows that theory

thanks for the heads up on this and doing the testing

next idea?
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Kill the game, and recruit anyone who hasn't joined the BtS game to go ahead and play that one.

This has happened before fairly recently, and it will happen again soon enough.

Too many teams, to few people spread too thin.

This game is still in the early stages, put it out of its misery. The longer we wait the more folks will become attached and "vested".

Thats my humble opinion
                              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Kill the civs that can't keep up and make their lands a forbidden zone. Neighbors expanding into the forbidden zone will be severly punished

Comment

Working...
                                X