This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplomacy: Rabbits

I just got a PM from GeoModder saying they have sniffed traces of us.

They have also asked what our team email is. Since we didn't have one, I made one.

BTSbanana@yahoo.com
    Last edited by Donovan Zoi; August 27, 2009, 21:18.
    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    The video may avatar is from

Yes, spotted their scout above pudding.
    "

Comment

Salutations Smokers of the Peel

We find the behaviours of the peoples who seprate us on the land, but not in spirit, unusual and confusing.

We hope that the Great Banana still smiles upon your land, and that your women are not wearing peels on their feet.

We will find any illumination you may shed on our neighbours appeeling.

The Whispering Rabbit

They seem to also have interests in attacking PAL to. I think we should help.
      USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
      The video may avatar is from

Comment

Here's the note I sent off to the Rabbits:

Hello,

This is Donovan Zoi, newest member of Team Banana. I am not sure what has happened to the team here, so I am placing myself in charge until I hear from AT or Omnistar.

What can you tell me about your war with PAL? Are they sending a lot of troops your way? I am trying to get an idea of how we may be able to assist, if at all, and finding out the type and number of troops in your view would help my assessments. We will have Alphabet next turn, so I think that means we can trade tech next turn.

Anything you can tell me to get me up to speed would be appreciated. I'll be in touch!

Regards,

Donovan Zoi

Comment

The preceding post was the first email sent by Donovan Zoi in the hopes of getting the Rabbits to join us in war against PAL. Unfortunately, we never received a response to this email, though it was definitely discussed in their forum.

Opportunity lost? I'll be elaborating more on this during the "10 Things" presentation.

Comment

After our initial contact, the Rabbits and I had trouble hooking up. They wouldn't respond to in-game chat invites, and I probably should have kept pounding them with emails thought it wasn't necessary after a certain time.

After a few months of half-hearted diplomacy by us both, Rabbits requested Feudalism for a small amount of gold and the following transpired:

5/10/09

Hello,

Your turnplayer asked us to contact you. What is it you want to talk to us about?

The Rabbits
            5/13/09

Hello Rabbits,

I wanted to contact you to explain my reasons for rejecting your request for Feudalism. Unfortunately, we are in a 60 turn NAP with PAL, with one of terms being that we don't trade with you. This was a decision I had to make as soon as I inherited the team and all options were considered, including war with PAL. And though I think we could have started well, I don't believe we would have had the resources to outlast them.

With that said, I am glad to see that your team is holding up. By what I have seen, it looks like you been able to build two new cities during your continued war with our mutual neighbor. How did you pull that off? Are you currently in cease fire mode? I understand if you cannot answer these questions, but can assure you that I am asking for no one's benefit but my own.

Our NAP is due to end with PAL on Turn 167, whereby if they want to renew it I will state that I wish to trade with your team. Will you be able to hold out until then?

Respectfully,
            Donovan Zoi
            Team Banana

PS. If there is any remote chance that your survival is due to an alliance "to be named later" with a team that has razed your cities, then you may not be game for any future proposals from us. However, I don't feel this would be in your best interests. Please respond if you would like to discuss this further.

Comment

After that email, I still received no contact from the Rabbits though it was understandable this time --- we had nothing to offer them. Still, I couldn't let it go, especially with a chance to work together again looming on the horizon:

6/1/09

Rabbits,

I forgot to mention another reason why we chose to honor an NAP with PAL so long ago. It was the fact that we had tried to ask questions of you that would have benefitted us both, but you never responded! Perhaps a bit of coordination between us could have helped things back then.

And so we are in the same position today. On Turn 167, we may find ourselves in a position to trade with you again, and if we are able to do so, we could certainly make it worth your while. However, if you continue to show no interest in speaking with us, we may be forced to re-new our NAP with PAL and be of no help to you whatsoever. Again.

A friendly word of advice, and a no brainer: Guard your Iron city. PAL has a Galley on the other side of the bay. I have a Warrior nearby that can help scout if you'll allow it.

Hope to hear from you this time.

Regards,
              Donovan Zoi
              Team Banana
              A few days later, I received a reply:

6/9/09

Banana,

We thought we had a non aggression pact with PAL at one time and look what it got us. In our opinion no one can trust PAL to do what they say.

Did you know that Pi-Ramses and Elephantine are each defended by one warrior. They also have three workers working away in that area.

And as you already know PAL has no direct access to iron.

Rabbit

Comment

With our NAP with PAL coming to a close, we reassured Rabbits of our intentions. And when the time came, we made good on our promise and then some: granting Feudalism and 3 other techs. And we did it despite the fact that Rabbits were able to secure peace from PAL. The details will be made available in the "10 Things" thread soon.....

7/15/09

Rabbits,

On Turn 167, our teams will be able to trade again. We intend to gift you Feudalism and possibly other techs if you are still at war with PAL. We will also try to provide you with upgrade cash when available.

Please let me know any questions or comments you may have regarding future arrangements.

Regards,
                Donovan Zoi

Comment

Working...
                X