No announcement yet.

AI takeover of PAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So lets do that then. Say the original demogame is over, crack open the Templar archives, and write that history of yours (which I am looking forward to very much).
    And then let those guys willing to continue, do just that. There are enough people to keep going. We jsut call it a different game.

mh

Comment

OK, so we have T-Hawk & Zeviz as confirmed turnplayers in case of AI take-over of PAL.

Given things are already getting silly (Rabbits recapturing Eisenburg, us rolling over Imperio), I'd propose to ask for a pause until Monday at which time PAL & Imperio would be taken over by the AI.

Comment

Yes, I support that. Why wait until Monday?

mh

Comment

AI PAL versus AI Banana would be a bit silly, and we've had pauses for Templar & PAL in the past so I don't see why we shouldn't pause for Banana.

Comment

I hope teams don't sanitize their forums prior to opening them up. PAL seemed to imply they were going to do this before letting any Templars get in.

Darrell

Comment

I support the pause as well.

Comment

I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by darrelljs View Post
                  I hope teams don't sanitize their forums prior to opening them up. PAL seemed to imply they were going to do this before letting any Templars get in.

Honestly, how sad would that be... "Oh no, we don't want a tiny group of computer game players to know what we said about another tiny group of computer game players. Quick, delete all of our ultra-secret private messages!" You'd think this was the Cuban Missile Crisis or something.

Obviously, the destruction of any records is something I can't condone. Templars seem like the kind of group that would be petty enough to do something like that, however.

We don't have any needs for secrets. I have no problems with opening up our forums to everyone - the more the merrier! Not sure what we would want to keep secret; we didn't do anything particularly crazy in this game, just a lot of solid tactical play and management. What's everyone else going to find out - that we thought the Templars were a bunch of idiots? Well, I'd say that the empirical results of the game prove that the Templar strategy WAS idiotic!

Comment

I do think that it is certainly possible that there were members of our forum that said things about particular people in the heat of the moment, that they might not have said had they been thinking about the possibility of those people reading them later on.

Having said that, I don't support any type of forum sanitization either.

Comment

Apparently Moineau has logged in for PAL. Rabbits could not have possibly chosen a worse time to declare war. Didn't Monty Python even make fun of the French?

Comment

We better start feeding them techs lack mad...Banana too.

Darrell

Comment

Make up your damn mind, PAL! Either play the game, or don't, k?

This has certainly been a confusing week for the Demogame...

Comment

I know that this is about a month too late, but maybe we could have split the RB team (as fairly as possible) and have one half take over PAL ... that would have been a challenge!

Comment

Working...
                            X