Proposal to reduce turn timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposal to reduce turn timer

I propose to reduce the turn timer from 48 hours to 36 hours. I think we are suffering from Parkinson's law here, where usually people play in good time but occasionally the teams play their turns in the final few hours only because they can. I believe that if the turn timer were to be shortened then that would not have a significant effect on teams being able to play their turns - people would be able to adapt.

The RL time for a "48 hour" turn is roughly 57 hours, a conversion factor of ~ 1.2. If we were to reduce the timer to "36 hours" then that's just under 43 RL hours to play. I think that's enough time - what do the other teams think? Maybe we could switch over when we change hosts?

I agree

Comment

I think it should be reduced to even less then 36 hours ... 28 hours = about 38 real hours. This is ample time to discuss anything while at the same time keeping the game flowing.

Take last turn for example no one did any moves for the last 13 hours (game hours) ... And last turn is by no means unique.

Comment

OK, good. What do the other teams think?

Comment

Originally posted by Aukland123 View Post
          I think it should be reduced to even less then 36 hours ... 28 hours = about 38 real hours. This is ample time to discuss anything while at the same time keeping the game flowing.

Take last turn for example no one did any moves for the last 13 hours (game hours) ... And last turn is by no means unique.

The viking age ended 1066 at Monday, September 25, 6pm

Comment

I bet no one makes any moves for these last 10 hours again

Comment

so Banana, imperio, templars, rabbit shall we reduce the turn timmer?

Comment

Krill made a ruling here that we keep the 48 hours.

Team Banana is enthusiastically in favor of a 36-hour turn limit, and hopes that something can be done to help prevent needless delays in the game.

Comment

It wasn't really a ruling more of a 'not everyone has voted'. I'm sure krill don't care what the timmer is changed to as long as we all agree.

Comment

If one of Imperio and Templars agree to the timer change than change it to 36 hours, and the 18 hour allocated for the turn will be reduced to the congruent amount in a 36 hour timer.
                    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Now we only have 2-way wars going on can we reduce the turn timer? Has anyone who voiced their opinion before changed their mind?

We have votes in favour from RB, PAL, rabbits and banana. No opinion from Imperio. That's a 4/5 verdict with one abstention.

Comment

Seems that no one has changed their vote. Krill - can we get your stamp of approval to reduce the turn timer?

Comment

Working...
                        X