Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hanging Gardens: public posting.

The Hanging Gardens.

Since we have assented to public posting from the start of the game, I have started this thread for that purpose.

I hope you like the thread title. It is supposed to suggest a place in which you can relax, wander around, interact, converse.

In the middle of the greenery, you might chance upon the local taverna.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

FYI

The Hanging Gardens probably did not really "hang" in the sense of being suspended from cables or ropes. The name comes from an inexact translation of the Greek word kremastos or the Latin word pensilis, which mean not just "hanging", but "overhanging" as in the case of a terrace or balcony.

I suspect in our case it may well mean 'Hangover'

Comment

I have just imported several crates of Chicha for the Taverna.

Chicha, a pale yellow, milky drink common throughout Latin America, originated with the Incas, who used the drink during festivals and other rituals. Nowadays, chicha remains an important part of the region’s indigenous past, and can be found in a variety of settings, from the dinner table to a wedding or baptism!

I won't tell you how it's made, but have one on me until your own local beverage arrives.

Comment

So the Templars are going for the Hanging Gardens Aye?
        "

Comment

Originally posted by Badfuzzy
          These Hanging Gardens are home to varied vegetation, including Bananas. and indeed to many species of small furry animals

Comment

Did someone say 'Small furry animals'???

T-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t, an as yet undefined measure of Chicha please local teverna keeper!!!

With a fermented carrot and coriander shooter!!!
            Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
            The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
            Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
            Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

Snmall Furry animal. Are we talking about beavers?

Comment

As long as the tail isn't described, we're in the dark.
                He who knows others is wise.
                He who knows himself is enlightened.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by Badfuzzy
                  Did you read the thread? or are you a victim of public education

Getting back on topic, can I find a good Mead in here?
                  *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Yes you can, over by the window near the beehive and the poker.

If you're hungry have some Welsh rarebit.

Comment

* Suddenly, some creamy creature jumps up from under the table, bites Hercules in the 'tail', and scurries outdoors into the woods with a good natured gesture.
                      He who knows others is wise.
                      He who knows himself is enlightened.
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Thanks mate!

*sips greedily while thinking this Templar/Wabbit thing is gonna be fun*

*"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Has anyone seen an elongated yellow fruit growing near their borders?
                          "

Comment

You want your pet returned?
                            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

pet??? How dare ye mock our God! He will smote thee
                              "

Comment

Working...
                              X