noob Questions about pitboss and CivStats Answered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noob Questions about pitboss and CivStats Answered

Well, sure, they will be answered but not by me. The will be asked by me (and others) ... questions like:

1. how is a pitboss game different from a regular civ game?
    2. how do you load a pitboss game in civ?
    3. what is the best way to exit from a pitboss game?
    4. what is civstats?
    5. why use civstats?
    6. how do you use civstats?
    7. ok, I have a userID as civstats ... now what?
    Quote: "All Happiness is the release of internal pressure"
    Visit my Civ IV web site for information on mods that I am involved with or use and other Civ IV tools
    woo hoo! My wife publishes her first book. Buy it now in paperback format at lulu and help me retire so I can write more BUG mod code.

1. PTBS is a persistent server game that can be logged on to at any time; it is a normal MP game except it has one turn a day (or any increment of hours). It is essentially a cross between a normal MP game, and a PBEM.
    2. If you are not the host, you connect as if it were a normal MP game, either DirectIP or Internet depending on how it is hosted, and then enter in the IP if it's DirectIP, or select it in the Gamespy list otherwise. If you are host, this is a more complex answer; click the link in my sig for a document that talks about it.
    3. Exit by selecting "Exit to Main Menu".
    4. Civstats is a fan-created web program that tracks the PTBS game and when the turn is over, so you can see when you need to play your turn.
    5. See 4.
    6. www.civstats.com, then find the game in the listing, then register your leader (big link on top) if you are the team leader (then you get emails when turns are done); otherwise, you can watch the game progress and see when turns are over even if you don't register your leader.
    7. See 6
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Thx Snoopy369 - just registered our team there and it seemed to work. I guess the real prove will be when the current turn finishes.
      Quote: "All Happiness is the release of internal pressure"
      Visit my Civ IV web site for information on mods that I am involved with or use and other Civ IV tools
      woo hoo! My wife publishes her first book. Buy it now in paperback format at lulu and help me retire so I can write more BUG mod code.

Comment

Working...
      X