No announcement yet.

Team Setup Poll #3 : Terra OLD World Landmasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So 2 teams out of 5 (nevermind 7 are participating) effectively picked the setting? I believe a run off poll would be wise...between 1, 2, and 3 old world landmasses would be fairest, no?
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

If three of the seven teams (i.e. two more teams other that Gathering Storm) would like a run-off poll I would be happy to generate a new run-off poll with the following choices :

1 Old World Landmass
      2 Old World Landmasses
      3 Old World Landmasses
      Random Old World Landmasses (between 1 and 3 (Mapmaker decides))

If we do go for a re-run poll then I will set the timer at 48 hours, so this set-up proceedure doesn't stagnate too much.......
      Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
      The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
      Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
      Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

I don't think it's worth a run off poll, but we should try not to have too many options in future, bearing in mind that there is only a maximum of seven votes to be cast, and more options means more chance of more split votes like this one.

Comment

That would be a good way of settling it Rob
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Just a thought:
            What is the point of having a run off poll with all the same options that were voted for in the original poll? What's preventing the 5 teams that already voted to vote again for the same option? It allows only the remaining two teams to cast in their vote, which is effectively an extension of the deadline?

A little "what if":
            Assuming GS will go for 1 old world land mass (from their map type choice pangea) we would then have a run off between 1 and 2 old world land masses, with, I guess, 2 old world land masses as a winner judging from the original votes.
            Of course I might be wrong.

mh

Comment

Like I said in the above post, IF two more teams object to having 2 Old World Continents then I will start a run-off poll.

If it is only Gathering Storm who want a re-poll then we shall keep 2 Old World Landmasses......
              Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
              The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
              Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
              Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

Working...
              X