No announcement yet.

WONDERS (ver 2.1): Hosted by EnochF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's an idea that popped up in a SMAC PBEM game.

Consider the following situation: Two pacted factions (human-controlled in my case, but could also be AI-human or even AI-AI).

What would be great is the ability to extend the benefits of a wonder to your pactmate, and of course revoke it later. Note that this would only apply to wonders that affect multiple cities or the civ as a whole.

This should of course become a diplomacy option, e.g. I could trade a tech, money, etc. for the benefits of, let's say, the Pyramids.

Aredhran

Comment

There have been discussions on this very subject, but I don't remember the specifics; i.e. if they discussed diplomacy options for sharing Wonders. I think allies were "auto"-sharing Wonders or something.
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Sorry couldn't find a reference...

I don't think that the share should be automatic though, it would be much more interesting to have to deal for it (I'm mostly thinking multiplayer here)

Comment

about NotLikeTea's idea- perhaps there should be a group of 'never built, concept wonders'
          in a group of 7.
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Just checking in here. Y'know, being the moderator and all. Well, the thread seems to be progressing nicely. Except for the lull of one year between the last two responses.
            "Harel didn't replay. He just stood there, with his friend, transfixed by the brown balls."

Comment

I thought the title bestowed was 'threadmaster'. I wonder if we still have our special threadmaster ability.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Threadmaster powers, activate!

Form of... an ice computer!
                "Harel didn't replay. He just stood there, with his friend, transfixed by the brown balls."

Comment

It never really made sense to me that the "Eiffel Tower" wonder resulted in improved diplomacy; what about keeping the same effects and renaming/changing the wonder to something along the lines of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights?

Just a small suggestion... but the whole "Eiffel Tower" wonder never, for me at least, seemed to explain its connection to its conferred effects...

-p.

Comment

Working...
                  X