Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATE***the first phase of the EC3 List is complete!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

though we will only include 10 ideas in the EC3 list we should definantly tell firaxis that the voting was fierce and provide them with the cut list...ideas that didn't make the cut but were included in the voting...my computer was down yesterday so i just got back on today...but what i wanted to say was that me and markg have talked about extending the deadline for voting for one week...and if the voting threads go dead for two days then we end the voting process...so this will give more people a chance to get their voice in the EC3 list process...

anyone have any feedback? please tell me

------------------
    The OpenCiv3 website
    korn469

Comment

madwoodster

there will definantly not be any weighted point system...all votes count the same

and all ideas should come in numerical order (1,2,3) for easy vote counting and not in favorite order (2,1,3)

------------------
      The OpenCiv3 website
      korn469

Comment

Looking at the actual votes numbers, I have a strange feeling I would share with you:

I used to think that lot of Apolytoner agree that we need some radical ideas to have a CIV 3 instead of CIV 2.5

Now I'm surprised to see that almost half of our candidate Essential of Civ 3 are, well, not so Essential

I'm not here to tell mine and ChrisShaffer idea (Simultaneous Turn of play) is better than others (Oh well, cough, cough ), but I would accept easily to be crushed by a new, freshly discovered 10-3-3 tank than by some old 1-3-1 Phalanx in new clothes

Well, just a tough before it's too late.

BTW Korn, about the rules, no problems by me.
        "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
        - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Yes Korn sounds good to me.

Adm.Naismith says:
          'Now I'm surprised to see that almost half of our candidate Essential of Civ 3 are, well, not so Essential'
          Remember that an essential thing does not need to be radically differant to be important. This game is already great, and just needs to be improoved a bit to do what it trys to already do more fully.
          Not that I would be against a new and radically differant civ game, but am basically happy with what we have with a little work.

------------------
          The journey itself is the thing~Odysseus
          The journey itself is the thing~Odysseus

Comment

Looks good, Korn!

Comment

When, exactly, is the third phase ending? Isn't it time to, soon? The deadline was 2 days ago...

Comment

it was markg's idea to extend the third phase a week and when i asked for feedback on the subject most people said it sounded fine

so it will end on wednesday March 22, 2000

------------------
                The OpenCiv3 website
                korn469

Comment

Working...
                X