X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military & Espionage 1.0

Critics welcome !!
    These are my suggestions :

1.Each type of units must have it's own varieties. I'll use "Fighter" as an example.
    In reality, there are many types of fighter aircrafts in the world, from P-51, MiG-21, to F-22. The strength of each types of "Fighters " should be different. To improve the level of strength of each type of fighters, use the military improvements, such as airbases and barracks. (Yeah, I know it's similar to AoE, but it's good to have in Civ3)

2.Espionage Screen
    Make spies work like caravans in CTP. The total numbers of spies determines the total strength of a nation's intelligence network. Embassies besides being the secret base of spies, also provide a sanctuary for spies (diplomatic immunity) and can collect a more elaborate info (from the media). Espionage screen also include a satellite recon screen (after correct advances).

3.Use the military support cost of CTP. The city-base system of Civ2 is ridiculous.

4.Barbarians must also improving, not just the civilizations. I don't mean their weapons, but their system. For example :

Ancient Ages : Barbarians who have real camps ; they invade regions/cities, pillage, and siege cities.
    Modern Ages : Terrorist with secret basecamp ; they demolish specific bulidings, reduce happiness (terrorize), kidnapp ambassadors.
    Future Ages : Hackers, they hack into a country's mainframe, send viruses, alter a nation's bank account.

5. Multiple types of units can be recruited at the same time. The task of recruiting military units is done outside the production window, so in case of an emergency, it wouldn't interfere with the building of a citywall, for eaxmple.
    To recruit new units, click on their base (barracks, camp, airbase, naval base). This is similar to C&C and AoE.

6.Use realistic numbers for units, like :
    "... 10,000 legions and 500 catapults of the Ytrium empire are marching toward the Gobi desert, where 100 elite PlasmaTroopers and 50 ProtonTanks of Subspace Confederation who have just invaded the Ytrium empire's border, are setting up a fortress for their 17th Special Regiment ..."

Hi, these are great suggestions, but can you please post them in their correct lists? Otherwise they won't get into the list. Thanks!
    ------------
    evil conquerer
    alphac@flashmail.com
    Co-webmaster of The Arrival
    http://ac.strategy-gaming.com
    "War is the last refuge of the incompetent."
    Salvor Hardin, "Foundation" by Isaac Asimov

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    Version: 3.12
    GAT/CS/M/TW d- s:-- a---- C++++ UL>++++ P+>++ L>+++ E W+++>$ N+ o? K- w+ O---- M-- V? PS+ PE Y+ PGP- t++>+++ 5 X- R tv-- b+++>++++ DI+ D G>++ e-->++++ h! !r y?
    ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Wondering what the heck that was? Check out http://www.geekcode.com/.

Comment

I think a lot of the ideas I have heard are great ideas but I think the first one I heard about having the different levels of fighters would be very hard to do and very confusing for new civers. I would also almost impossible to program, how do I know that? Because I do a lot of programming myself. My suggestion is to add new units. My best example is a Trade Ship. I think a trade ship would be very neat because I think the units that need the most improvement is naval and airforce, there just aren't enough units for those categories!
      Please give me some feedback on what I said at:
      Tootool2@cs.com

Comment

Sorry, my mistake...
        By the way, I've sent Military&Espionage 1.0 part 2 to v3.0. I hope that's the right list...

Comment

Working...
        X