No announcement yet.

Questions to Yinshining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and I'm still condensing my 120 pages...
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

What are you guys summarizing? I've got the longest thread here, and don't expect it to come out nearly that long.
      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Bell :

How will the summary look like? A part containing the ideas of Theben and Jon Miller and than a section called Quotes containing Harel's and my ideas?

And, Yin, there are several threads where it's ages ago that something has been heart of the TM. Will they have a summary? Since Civ3 is already being programmed, this list will be the most important and influential and thus every thread should have a summary.
        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

How will the summary look like? A part containing the ideas of Theben and Jon Miller and than a section called Quotes containing Harel's and my ideas?

There will be two sections, one that is an integrated summary of all ideas, and one that is the summaries you and Harel posted. All I was really looking for on those were the final decisions, not really the reasoning, so what you posted will be fine.
          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Bell, answer for you on the SE thread.

Yin, (or Shining1 is also ok. This is after all Questions to Yinshining) has Religion still a TM? Raingoon, MBrazier, I and Will have worked out an entire religion model out there and it would be waste if it didn't come in a summary and in the List.

Comment

I agree it would be a shame if all the threads don't get summarized. Barring any specific feedback from Brian and crew, this most likely will be the most influential list.

But as far as TMs, the people who posted in here are it...so we might need to find some volunteers if we want all threads represented.
              I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

If that's the case, I suggest the lucky victim gets crackin, because there are only four or five days left for the summaries to get finished. They could always get postponed, but what's the fun in that...

No dice on me taking another one, either, and the same probably holds true for most of the TM's. So: M@ni@c, you volunteering?
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Technopile, I don't know if I am the right person for summarizing because I might bias my own ideas.

But there is a religion model and I'm willing to send it to Yin's hotmail, but that doesn't really count as an official model because, although most of the ideas of the List v1.0 are in the model, there are some others not. So it's not a complete summary. Will and Harel (wants a SE Religion category) don't agree with it.
                  If I just do an addendum to the official religion model, saying that some people still want religion SE etc, is it all right?

And what is the last day of sending summaries to Yin?

Comment

I think both Shiny and myself are willing to wait as long as we know work is being done. A few more days won't hurt the list, so if people are interested, please just let us know so we can wait.

The 'official' deadline is Sept. 1st.
                    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

Yeah, Sept1 is a good place to start. Once we have at least a few summaries to start working on, we'll have a much better idea of what needs to be done.

Fortunately, I've got a week or two of holidays starting from tommorrow, so I should be around the forums to see what turns up.

Brian wants list version2 to be a work in progress rather than a seperate entity, so it will probably take some work to sort out the new ideas from the old. Anything the Thread masters do to help with this (especially the established threadmasters from the original list) will be extremely useful.

Personally, my view is that there should be a list version3.0, but that it should be a more long term affair, over say the next 6 months. If we can get around to convincing gamespot or a similar zine to give us a plug, this may help.

I will email Brian about this, and find out what his views are if at all possible. If not, then version 2.0 should be the last list for a long while.

Comment

Shining, I have to disagree!
                        Either people want the next list to be many months from now, or never to exist at all: a final list of a sort, when we only update the threads on the new, orderly forums.

This is just plain wrong! It will kill the great movement we have here. When we finished the first list, it was just a week before Yin told us to start originizing for the second list. It kept things moving. Every time there is no "dead-line" in the forums, people don't post at all.
                        The difference is between 5 posts an hour, to 5 posts a day, at best. I know, since I try to check apolyton several times a day.

When I am summarizing, like right now, I am booming with new ideas. I haven't posted anything new in my economy thread for weeks, but when I started doing the summary I had a dozen new improvements to people ideas and new suggestions.

My point is, that I think that when we do finish this list, we should jump right up and go for the third. With the new forums that will keep the summarizes all nice and spiffy, we could really push things forward. And people just keeping joining in the forums, brining new blood.

Therefor, I think a fine date for the third list would be the start of the new millenium , three months from now. My guess is, this is the time that Firaxis will start moving forward with the civ III project, creating a new web-page and starting to publish it's ideas and info.

My 2.54649 cents worth.
                        "The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise" Preem Palver, First speaker, "Second Foundation", Isaac Asimov

Comment

My new MISCELLANEOUS summary is soon finished, but I wonder one thing:

Many of the early suggestions should fit better into other threads. Should I post them in these threads? Should I include them in my summary?

Thank you in advance.

------------------
                          The best ideas are those that can be improved.
                          Ecce Homo
                          Ecce Homo

Comment

Ecce Homo:

You might have seen that some threads have lost a TM, so I'd hate to lose ideas in your thread. If you can, please just summarize what you have and then we can hopefully organize a bit better for a version three, assuming people want to do one.

Thanks for all the time you're putting into this.

Yin

Comment

I came to think of the GAME ATMOSPHERE thread. Is it disbanded or just temporarily vacant?

------------------
                              Ecce Homo
                              Ecce Homo

Comment

Working...
                              X