Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I assume this belongs in this thread. In Civ II, the science information is too simplistic because it only tells you how many turns to the next discovery at various tax rates. The player should be informed specifically (a) how many beakers are needed for the next discovery and (b) how many beakers will be produced at the given tax rate. Keep the current info, too, for those who don't want to do the math. These changes are important in one city space race attempts because science can be wasted tremendously without it. For example, you might be cranking out 1400 beakers per turn, but only need 50 beakers to get the next discovery. 1350 beakers go to waste.

If they don't want to give this info, then make it so the 1350 beakers are not wasted.

<font size=1 color=444444>[This message has been edited by Bird (edited June 10, 1999).]</font>
    "I think the advantages by the proposal which I have made are obvious and many, as well as of the highest importance."
    Jonathan Swift

Comment

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE try to stick as close to the original civ2 interphase as possible. I am a HUGE civ fan, and i hardly play SMAC or CTP because of the unfriendly, SLOW interphases...Keep the interphase smooth, and BRIGHT COLORED, like civ2!

------------------
      Kaak
      Tribe of the Divine
      "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

-=*MOVING THREAD UP*=-
        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

There should be an easy way to find out which cities have a given improvement. When I conquer the Pyramids, it is such a pain to sell off all of my granaries. Or my barracks when I've taken Sun Tzu.

Perhaps when you go to your trade advisor, if you click on the granaries, it would give you a screen detailing all of your granaries.

Comment

SMAC lets you scrap one network node (for example), or scrap all network nodes at all bases. I think this is what you want, and is a nice feature to have.

Comment

Let's continue the discussion on the v2.0 thread

**********THREAD CLOSED*************
              Frank Moore - Civ3 Player Interface Thread Master

Comment

Working...
              X