Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still complain about too Amerocentric wonders.

What shocks me that there is not single Russian wonder in Civ2. Or CTP. In fact, only wonder that is in East Europe is Copernicus' Observatory.

Here's some Russian Wonder ideas:

Motherland Statue
    Summer Palace
    Red Square
    Kremlin
    St. Basils Cathedral

And, some internationals.

Taj Mahal
    Angkor Watt
    Potola
    Stupa of Wild Goose
    Giant Buddha Statue (This might have some special name as well, but I can't remember it.)
    Black Rock of Kaba
    Great Zimbawbe
    Ibn Battuta's Travels
    Stonehedge

"Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Natural wonders! What a great idea..Grand Canyon

Also a natural wonder could be born in one of your cities..take Cherl Tiegs for instance.The greatest known example of anti-gravity in existance.

[This message has been edited by Lancer (edited May 24, 1999).]
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

More Wonders:

Tycho Brahe's Observatory
        Diderot's Encyclopedia
        Francis Bacon's Royal Society
        Sultan <name?>'s Forge (for cannons!)
        Mines of Potosi (new world silver)

Sure these ideas are fairly euro-centric, but for post-Rennaissance science and industry (1550-1780) you're pretty much stuck in Europe.

FWIW, I think the idea of "Building" a "Natural Wonder" is ludicrous. Maybe if they were placed in the game map at random it'd work, like SMAC terrain features. Otherwise, it's silly.

wheathin

Comment

SnowFire: Why are my wonders too powerful? Consider the time they become available: Insutrial Age, when you have Factories, big cities, railroads, most land already claimed and lots of existing improvements. At most, my suggestions will cut 1 turn off the time to build Universities or Battleships. Right now it is too easy to "sandbag" once you get to the modern era. Giving a boost to warmongers can only help and nothing there is even as powerful as Sun Tzu. IMO, Wonders like SETI, Hoover Dam and Mike's Chapel are the type that are too powerful.

Comment

Whoops! Moving on...
            "Harel didn't replay. He just stood there, with his friend, transfixed by the brown balls."

Comment

I see three ways to solve the issue of "the Internet" wonder:

1. Make it a nation wide improvement, build it one place, make it count everywere. That way all civilization can build it. In fact this functions just like an advancement, except its build for shields and coins, not science.

2. Make a city improvement called Internet-backbone, and let "the Internet" wonder count as a backbone in each city. Other civs can still build the backbone and get internet effect, but only one city a time.

3. Also have the Internet-backbone improvement, but make "The Internet" a diplomatic option, i.e. connecting two countries net. To make it atractive, the backbone improvement will have to scale to the number of cities connected, f.x. +5%/+10% research per city connected.

I would chose the last, because its the most realistic, and is much more concrete than a diplomatic joint-research treaty.

Comment

Everybody who has comments in after the 50th post, re-post your comments in Version 1.1, please!
                "Harel didn't replay. He just stood there, with his friend, transfixed by the brown balls."

Comment

Well, things have certainly died down a bit. Not just in this thread, either. It looks like the blizzard of ideas has settled down to a nice, quiet snowfall.

By all means, keep the ideas coming, but I think all the new and radical ideas have been put forth already.

However, don't be hesitant to post even if only to

(1) Agree or disagree with someone else's suggestion. We need to know which of these ideas would be accepted by the gaming community as represented by you.

or (2) Simply list a few ideas you have for specific Wonders and their effects. (Don't worry if your "wonder effects" are mired in Civ II terminology or make use of a CtP effect or SMAC game variable.) I am keeping track of every Wonder idea submitted to this forum.

I'll keep an eye on the thread, and I'll want this one to close at 50 posts. Wonders (ver 1.1) and every new thread after that will continue on to 30 posts.

Comment

Just make the wonders never go obsolete, like in SMAC

it might not be relistic but much more fun for sure

Comment

Just make the wonders never go obsolete, like in SMAC

it might not be realistic but much more fun for sure

Comment

Working...
                      X