More flexible rules.txt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More flexible rules.txt

I believe that a flexible rules.txt can give a lot of fun and various ideas in scenarios. Some examples for rules.txt of Civ2:

1)I tried to create a trade ship (merchamant). If you switch on a flag in rules.txt the unit can be used for trade. It seems that works only for ground units.

2)I tried to make partisans invisible so I switched on the flag which gives submarine propertis. Result: Partizans are invisible but cannot attack.

And there are many other situations.
    Other possible improvements: Design the abilities of spies, effects of city improvements and wonders, governments etc.

i.e. For improvements - wonders flags like happiness/production/science etc. can be included. then for each of them another menu i.e.for happiness you can define the number of content and happy citizens.
    For production/science you can define the increase.

Also why we can add only 3 advances and units? Each unit should have its own gif file so it will be easy to add new units, associated with new gif files.

and I can mention many other things. It is clear that an editor is rather inadequate for such modifications. The user should be able to modify rules.txt by a friendly windows-like menu.

------------------

I think you are interested in the <a href=http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum28/HTML/000032.html>SCENARIO/MAP EDITOR</a> thread.

------------------
    CIV3-THE MASTER LIST-TECHNOLOGY "THREAD MASTER"
    "Can you debate an issue without distorting my statements and the english language?"
    -- berzerker, August 12, 1999 04:17 AM, EDT, in Libertarianism and Coercion

Comment

Working...
    X