Rop Rape Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cumi

Is there any difference between declaring a war and then attacking the enemy units/cities or just jump on the enemy without declaring a war? ....hm if yes, maybe this is why nobody likes me in my games....
    Big difference. Unless your "declaration by jumping on the enemy without a declaration of war" invloves attacking an AI civ in neutral territory (at sea for instance), then by definition it means that you're moving ground forces into enemy territory and therefore "declaring" with troops in enemy territory. The rep hit from such a declaration seems to be milder than actually breaking a 20-turn RoP deal at the same time as the "sneak" attack, but make no mistake -- attacking (and thus forcing a declaration) while in territory is harmful to your rep. If you're not doing a true "RoP rape" then you'd probably be far better off formally declaring war before your units actually enter enemy territory.

Catt

Comment

This has never happened to me, but has me wondering: If a Civ I have a ROP with and units on their soil, declares war on ME because I declare war another Civ it has a MPP with, will I take the rep hit?
      "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Working...
      X