Leader Cap in PTW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leader Cap in PTW?

Sorry for spamming if this was already brought up, but I hadn't much opportunity to check the boards the last weeks.

In PTW I can't get more than 2 leaders per war, no matter how long or how many battles I fight. I stumbled on it playing the celts (mil) with heroic epic on a large map. I fought a LOT vs the romans but after 2 leaders, I couldn't get a 3rd in maybe 50 elite battles. I made peace, next turn I asked them to leave my territory, they declared war again, and ...leader on turn 2. In my current game I got a similar situation.

Anybody else or just me?
    "Where I come from, we don't fraternize with the enemy - how about yourself?"
    Civ2 Military Advisor

Sorry, 50 elite battles is not a sufficient test case. You need at least a thousand before you can begin to comment on distribution of random events.

The only leader cap is you can't get one if you already have one.

Comment

I know 50 battles is not enough and I don't want to comment anything. That's why I ask if anybody experienced the same thing with fewer leaders in PTW?
      IIRC a elite unit with blitz ability and 2 moves like tanks automatically spawned a leader by winning 2 battles in one round, even that didn't work.
      Civ2 Military Advisor

Comment

No, winning 2 battles in one round does not guarantee a leader.

You're probably thinking of the rule that 'a unit on the defensive that wins 2 rounds in one turn automatically get promoted'. Getting promoted has completely different odds/rules than generating a leader.

Comment

Bamspeedy, you're right, it is only the normal promotion (but not only on the defensive) with two victories in one round.
          Civ2 Military Advisor

Comment

Working...
          X