No announcement yet.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked this start better. I'm still stuck on a flood plain but I have a possible IW start. Plenty of food and shields all I need to due is get that 2nd city up and running so all of my eggs are not in the same basket.
    Attached Files

Comment

Everything was going great and then... One turn away from finishing my settler disease struck. I lost 2 people and switched to temple. My worker was right next to a goodie hut. Remembering my last game when someone else popped my huts, I decided to pop it myself. Bad idea. Soon I found out I was alone on an island and decided to quit (this just won't help my chariot rush).

Comment

Dude your really having some tough luck with this

Comment

Obviously I had picked the wrong civ again. China is who I should be playing.
          Attached Files

Comment

Mountains, desert, and flood plains! How could this be any worse?

Comment

How about surrounding me with Jungles too
              Attached Files

Comment

The other civs on this land mass had great areas. Lots of Grassland. While this start have been an easy win on Monarchy, it would be quite a challenge for me on Emperor and since I'm playing Deity....

Comment

I wanted a better starting area so I re-tried China.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Not bad. That goodie hut was empty. This time the Mongols got an insane start. They had 4 cities before my first one.

Comment

The Mongol horde forced my early retirement. Look at how many cities they have (Yellow). And keep in my I'm rexing AFAP.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Back to my theory of needing the right civ. I'm going to try France with the idea that the Commercial trait will help since I can't outperform the AI in the early game.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Okay how many times can I randomly be on a flood plain. And once again disease strikes the turn before my settler is complete.

Comment

For those of you keeping score I have lost 6 times (America, Egypt, Egypt, China, China, and France).

Lucky #7

This thread will now start being what it was supposed to be. Hopefully, my first Deity win.

Comment

No flood plains this time
                              Attached Files

Comment

Keep it up Jawa. I'm sure its just a matter of time. The floodplains are screwing you.

Comment

Working...
                                X