No announcement yet.

Which Civ - War Monger/Small Map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the aztecs are good at just about any scenario. Them having a early UU and being mil/rel certainly also makes them viable for good early conquest civ.

Among good early conquering UUs, Romans are the only one with militaristic trait. Iroquois is good for the same reason why everyone else is telling you. (3 mounted attack unit and fairly good trait) So are the Persians for their Immortal, but IMO I'd rather take one less attack for iroquois retreat function or Roman's defensive function.

For extremly fast conquest, other than Aztecs, I recommend the Babylonians and the Germans. Germans dont start out with UUs, but they are militaristic and they can produce both archers and spearmen straight off from the start. Babs start out with spearmen which is nice, but thats irrelevant since you should just be building bowmen. You can research iron working straight off the bat and eventually replace bowmen/archer with swordmen and finish off the job for both civ which comes in real handy.

Zulus have mil/exp which is nice and Impis can facilitate horsemen rush by accompanying them. I havent tried this method though so I can't really tell how effective this is.

For PTW,

Celts are great, but their price increase is terrible price to pay. They are just militaristic version of Iroquois with price increase, if your looking for fast conquest game.

If games gonna go little longer,

China, Japan, Arabs are great. I think ansar is bit superior than rider when it comes to fast conquer games. Japan's Samurai is one of my favorite UU. It's a great bargain to build one of them and they are also mil/rel so it helps alot.

I havent tested keshik's ability fully enough yet.
    :-p

Comment

Working...
    X