No Barbarians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Barbarians

If you accept this new game option, and therefore do not have any "goodie huts," are the expansionist AI opponents that are against you subject to the same situation?
    If so, this will be a major disadvantage for them.

There will be no huts for anyone. It is a fun trick to use on those evil expansion civs.

Comment

Re: No Barbarians

Originally posted by stevenmcg
      If you accept this new game option, and therefore do not have any "goodie huts," are the expansionist AI opponents that are against you subject to the same situation?
      If so, this will be a major disadvantage for them.
      New? To the best of my knowledge, the option for no barbarians (and hence no huts) has been around since Civ 3 began.

Yes, it's a huge disadvantage for expansionist civs. On the other hand, it can be useful in tournament games to reduce the luck element.

Nathan

Comment

It came with 121F.

Comment

Nope, you were able to switch them off right from the beginning. I just played a game at my in laws house and where I only have the game unpatch (no internet connection... :-() and the option is there from the get go.

/Vlado

Comment

Then why does it say it was added in 121? I do not recall seeing it in the original.

Comment

I just installed Civ3 and PtW on my new computer, and before I installed PtW, I checked the barbarian settings available in the original Civ3. Sedentary was the lowest barbarian setting. So apparently they managed to add the "none" option without my even noticing the difference.

Nathan

Comment

That is what I thought, Valdo may wan tot take a closer looked that the screen to see if it was at 121F or higher. Or if it was PTW.

Comment

Working...
                X