Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to locate resources on a large map ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to locate resources on a large map ?

(Those that does not belong to you, of course..) ; is there a known trick to do that ? TIA.

Yea. Explore a lot and trade for world maps.

Of course, if you want to make sure you'll be the one owning them, expand quickly to increase the chances of rescources being within your borders, and build cities even in areas where you otherwise wouldn't; few hills & lots of mountains, much desert, much jungle. These can get you valuable rescources later on. Oh, and going for The Weel & iron Working at the start is always helpful with your early landgrab.
    The willow knows what the storm does not; that the power to endure harm outlives the power to inflict it

Comment

Seems I wasn't precise enough, my mistake ; I know all that. What I looking for is the equivalent of what we have in the Trade Advisor screen ("near city X") for our own resources, but on a global scale.

On huge maps, it's very interesting, and quite difficult to be sure that your main enemy has only one or two tiles of a precise strategic resource. For instance, there could be resources on enemy city tiles.
      How could you be sure you have the complete list of all the oil wells in the world, for instance ?

Comment

CONTROL-SHIFT-M can be very usefull
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

download some labels from the files section. the're kinda handy.
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

aaah, yes, forgot they arn't standard in the game

labels are indeed
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
              download some labels from the files section. the're kinda handy.
              I went to the files section, lots of patches are available there... Could you please tell me/give an URL which one would do the job ? TIA

Comment

I don't know if this is 'the' program that they were referring to, but it appears to have what you're looking for. If you scroll down the page a bit, there's some supposedly better versions of it, too.
                "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
                -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Working...
                X