Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can units in armies generate great leaders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can units in armies generate great leaders?

Can units in armies generate great leaders?

yes

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Sorry guys, I don't think so.
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
          Sorry guys, I don't think so.
          After almost nine months nobody knows!

I consider Armies a waste, so don't ask me. Although on those occasions when I used to build them I never got a GL - another reason to avoid armies.

Comment

Actually, I know.... I just used a turn of phrase to be polite.

(hmmm, there's a concept in there somewhere)
            The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

indeed, it seems armies do NOT generate leaders!!!
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Never, period.

The latest interesting Army tidbit comes from Aeson: evidently, Marine Armies cannot attack from ships. Which sucks.

Comment

Armies are awesome, but they can't generate Leaders. At least I've never seen them do so, and I use Armies an awful lot. Thousands of battles won with them.

Marine Armies should be able to make amphibious assaults (and Para armies paradrops)... but the only way to mod it so they could would make every type of army allowed to do so.

Comment

I wish armies were changed so they became the "lowest common denominator" of the units used to create it. Currently it works like that for movements (eg. 2 cav and 1 tank army moves 2/turn), but if all units have blitz then the army should have blitz, if all units can amphibious assault thenarmy shouls be able to aswell.

A marine army could be very advantageous in my mind....

Comment

I think I remember to have generated a leader with a unit in an army, but that's very long ago, IIRC still with 1.16f. Not entirely sure, though. Say, 90%.

Comment

Is thare any "official" info on this?

Comment

Unfortunately, not. Soren, Mike, anyone?

Comment

No official info AFAIK but there have been multiple discussions on this and it seems that nobody is sure that his seen it. I've never had one although I've used my share of armies.
                            Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
                            Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
                            Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

I'd have to say that even if it's not impossible, it's statistically close enough to be irrelevent. Just don't plan on ever getting a Leader from a unit in an Army.

Comment

Working...
                              X