Getting the AI to declare war?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting the AI to declare war?

Are there any ways to get the AI to declare war against you?

I want to go to war, but I don't want the extra war weariness caused by me making the first move.
    They will declare war against me if I put couple of military units in their territory, but getting into war this way ruins my chances of ever getting RoP with any AI.
    Are there any other ways without such penalties from other AIs?
    "In some of its more lunatic aspects, political correctness is merely ridiculous. But in the thinking behind it, there is something more sinister which is shown by the fact that already there are certain areas and topics where freedom of speech, in the sense of the right to open and frank discussion, is being gradually but significantly eroded." -- Judge Neil Denison

Renegotiate peace and let the negotiation fail. That won't be considered an aggressive war by your people. This is my favorite way. Or simply, declare war, while your forces are still outside of his borders, if you want to preserve the option for a RoP.

Comment

Even further, declare war while outside the enemy's territory. Wait for the enemy to attack you in some way, on your territory:
      * Attack a unit
      * Capture a worker
      * Raze your improvements

This will give you a happiness boost.

The trigger is not the declaration, it's an aggressive action.
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
        The trigger is not the declaration, it's an aggressive action.
        Interesting - I did not know that.

Originally posted by Ignorance
        Are there any ways to get the AI to declare war against you?
        Many people consider the following exploits (i.e., unfair):

1. Repeatedly demand tribute to move their attitude to "Furious;" and
        2(A) Dangle an undefended worker or settler right near Ai border as bait; or
        2(B) If you have built the Intelligence Agency, repeatedly attempt to plant spies / conduct espionage missions.

2(A) often seems to work; 2(B) will eventually work. Either may damage your reputation, but, AFAIK, will not eliminate the possibility of RoP with others nor affect war weariness the way an outright declaration will.

Catt

Comment

hi ,

call them a couple times , and when they are there , just say , "nothing" , after 10 times the AI shall get tired from it , and maybe declare war , ...

or give the AI a resource , and at turn 18 blow the road up , so that that AI gets no more "resource" , .....bound for a long war , the AI comes to take the resource in 50% of the times you pull something like that , of course the people shall agree with you , for a bout 40 turns , ...

have a nice day
          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

You can usually get a civ to declare war on you by trying to plant a spy in its capital. The very costly attempt seems to fail, usually, and if they are already mad at you it's war. If they are not made at you do some other Espionage and they soon will be. That's the best use for Espionage.

Comment

Originally posted by Coracle
              You can usually get a civ to declare war on you by trying to plant a spy in its capital. The very costly attempt seems to fail, usually, and if they are already mad at you it's war. If they are not made at you do some other Espionage and they soon will be. That's the best use for Espionage.
              hi ,

yes and no , if you are lets say the biggest army on the planet , then they shall let it pass , a couple times that is , ...

have a nice day
              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Trade Embargos also help. If you get them to furious before negotiating an Embargo or two, they are quite likely to either declare war immediately or some time in the near future.

Comment

An exubertant use of a spy can also get the effect desired, the declaration of war by the AI. It is always better for them to fire the first shoot once fighting starts. Particularly if there is an overabundence of MPPs.
                  "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
                  --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

If it's Industrial Age, I will plant a spy, if not there, and try espionage, if I fail, and they're already mad, they'll declare war.
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                    X