This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigvic
    BTW Ming, w/ all due respect and despite a strong perverse streak, not trying to get banned, but...I think you are missing out on part of the charm of the "I-iz experience". Whoever he really iz and whatever his ethnic origin may be, he reely enjoys the spam he gets.
    First... He never complained about it... But others did.
    Second... It is you who doesn't understand the Owners Position.
    The On Topic Forums are meant as a place to discuss topics... not the posters. While minor flaming is alllowed, we try to put a stop to it when we see it, or when people complain about it. When a thread degenerates into a spam/flame fest, it is impossible to continue the actual discussion. So whether he likes it or not, is not the issue. The "OWNERS" don't like it. And since this is a privately owned site...

So please keep this thread on topic, and not about any of the posters. I really have no desire to restrict people... but this has gone on long enough.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

10-4
      "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

Comment

Just wanted to say, with my recent games I have like totally increased the amount of gold I get. I think I was doing things poorly before. Though I still think it is gambling the whole game on one offensive, I no longer think it would be super difficult getting enough gold to upgrade the chariots to knights, so I withdraw my objection.

Who knows, with this much gold I might even be able to aspire to being 1337 no1 playerz someday!
        Good = Love, Love = Good
        Evil = Hate, Hate = Evil

Comment

Ming, I have a question, do you count as a poster? I have the need to critize the *coughs* Kermit Av *coughs*. excuse me, had a cough, I am frankly finding it difficult to be intimidated by Kermit the Frog I felt a wave of pure frigid terror come over me when that dark,straight to the point, flash gordon eviltar glared at me from the side of your post. I must say it was blossoming with 1337ness and authority. Like the marlbaro man or Mr. Clean, I couldnt say no to its overwhelming,evil , tyranny. I beg of you , please take off the kidd gloves, get back that blazing shrine of mingatude.
          Ban me... I dare you

Balls in your court

Chriss

Comment

BTW Ming, your gonna thank me for bringing back the old Ming by sacraficing myself for the greater good. Be the Ming that we all know and respect. Not some Jim Henson brain fart.

Comment

I see no reason to restrict anybody... YET
              The thread you started in the Civ III strategy forum on this topic was moved to a more appropriate forum.

Again... these are ON TOPIC forums.

So stop posting off topic in this thread, or any other on topic threads...

Now get back to the topic at hand.

And don't worry... "a" Ming Avatar will be back once the muppet civ II mp joke has come to an end.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

just out of interest - what is the Civ2 Mp joke?

Back to strategies: does anyone think there comes a point when you should stop expanding? After all, more cities = more money = more production power.
                Last edited by zulu9812; May 16, 2002, 18:15.
                Up the Irons!
                Rogue CivIII FAQ!
                Odysseus and the March of Time
                I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

The civ2 joke was a post by war4ever comparing civ2MP regulars with the muppets. Ming was Kermit, obviously.

And your statement isn't that accurate. In civ3 corruption means that more cities doesn't mean more money and production power after a certain point is reached.

Comment

Originally posted by I-iZ-1337

If j00 iz havin probz then j00 can pozt some savez and I wi11 show j00 how t00 b33t deit33 and tell j00 what j00 iz doin wrongz.
                    I already know what was wrong. I had set up a game on a Pangaea map with maximum landmass, and found myself on a large island off the coast of the main supercontinent. I was using Egypt, and had built swarms of War Chariots. Unfortunately, the only settlements I could use them against were the colonies established by the people overseas. Before I could build enough of a navy to transport them (since nobody had Astronomy or Magnetism the last time I was able to extort technology from my enemies, I was restricted to Galleys), China, who had been superior on their continent were already in the Industrial age at 110 AD. The best offensive unit I could come up with was a knight, which would definitely stand no chance whatsoever against their riflemen. The other civs weren't too far behind. Though I could probably beat them, there'd be no stopping China, because at the rate they were carrying out their research, they'd have tanks by the time I beat the others.

Since it was the first game on Deity in which I'd managed to survive longer than 20 turns, I wasn't yet ready for any island-hopping. The way I should've deviated from those strategies was to divert some production to a navy as soon as I had Map Making.

All I really need is more practice. If I were on the same landmass as all those other civs, I probably would've won it, and kept enough pressure on China to prevent their 110 AD industrialization.
                    "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                    "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                      I see no reason to restrict anybody... YET
                      The thread you started in the Civ III strategy forum on this topic was moved to a more appropriate forum.

Again... these are ON TOPIC forums.

So stop posting off topic in this thread, or any other on topic threads...

Now get back to the topic at hand.

And don't worry... "a" Ming Avatar will be back once the muppet civ II mp joke has come to an end.

Allrighty Then ill go tend to my thread you moved, its up to like 2 pages now

Chriss

Comment

just posting to subscribe, since i accidentally unsubscribed to all forums. BTW, I-iz, you, being black and all, might be interested in the thread, "hidden racial agenda" over in the general forum.

Anyway, you ever try to "iron man" it? Randomize every thing but barbarians, including the civ you play, and make the best of it, no matter how bad it looks? Can be super "1337" tester.
                        "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

Comment

hey Iz, where iz j00?

i like ibble blibble

Comment

H33 h4z p0zt3d 0n thurzd33z 0nly s0 f4r. Sugg3zt j00 t0 wait till t0m0rr0wz.

Comment

bhufbl fghrj xcvjhnz kjnf LJNRG LJNG KJNDBV AZIDFNSdfg

dfv;jn kjnfg kjdnf nzdzd j fefz:k kjnfg kj,sfgdkjnbxckjxcvj,

cskjnf sdvjs lksd lkjsd kjnsdfg lsfd;gzij bcv;eq fjldqsd
                              fg:ljncvh bkjdv
                              sds<
                              sdmlk;fbuwcvµQIXCKJCV

AJ

PS: you like my interpretation of standard English?

I iizzzz whites andssss thereforeesssssss peeeeeeoppppplessss
                              dooooooo nait alwuys understed my und Ich weibbe nicht pourqoui les autres peoples become angry en kwaad en begin to beledig mij and ....
                              " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
                              - emperor level all time
                              - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

Sir Ralph,

United States of Europe?

I've thought of using that myself.

Guess I'll have to stick to my pearl of Flandres now.

AJ
                                " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
                                - emperor level all time
                                - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

Working...
                                X