Unofficial May Tourney game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unofficial May Tourney game

May is here. This is an unofficial tourney game for May. Same rules, no reloading, no restarting, 1.21f base rules. I turned off Culturally Linked and Restarting.

The April game turned into a ball buster for many folks so the May game is a Regent level game, standard size map, random map type, random barbs. I started four games before I got one with some decent land. Random Civ came up the Chinese on the 4th roll.

Enjoy.
    Attached Files

Picture:
    Attached Files

Comment

I'm going to give it a try when I get home!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I'll give it a try, could someone post an unmoded civ3mod.bic file please?
        Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
        Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

In 1.21, the civ3mod.bic settings are saved in the savegame, IIRC.

Comment

Doh!, am I that stupid. Too bad. Time to start playing.
            Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
            Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

chinese riders: riding

I started playing much sooner this month, and have come to the point where chinese riders are riding: IMO they make a tremendous job .
              Main problems encountered previously:
              1) The guidebook that told me that the chinese civ is scientific and made me research literature .
              2) The low number of luxuries available on the island.
              3) The jungle (the biggest area of jungle I have met up to now)

Otherwise it went smoothly. Did it go swiftly? This is the big question mark when playing a comparison game. Wait and see...
              Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Hey!

That link's broken! SOmebody betterfix it!

Comment

Re: Hey!

Originally posted by Erik Mesoy
                  That link's broken! SOmebody betterfix it!
                  It is broken

I'll try a repost here
                  Attached Files

Comment

The repost is just as bad. Sorry folks, it looks like that section is offline as of this writing. I'll check it every now and again and report if the link is back up. I appreciate it if anyone else gets a successful download. The counter is at 18 on the original and 0 on the repost, so if the counter moves off that, it probably means the link is back up.

If anyone has to have the game ASAP, email me at WChin8@hotmail.com and I'll email the 60k attachment to you. Though the link may be back up by the time I get around to emailing

Comment

I just downloaded it and the link seems to work just fine.

- Gus

Comment

no more riding

Those chinese riders were riding so nicely that I was almost compelled to choose domination...achieved in 1265.

(La Fayette, relaxing after a long ride)
                        Attached Files

Comment

do we have a spoiler thread yet?
                          [c3c] 1.22(f?)
                          For better barbarians, add NoAIPatrol=0 to conquests.ini (see this thread )

Comment

Originally posted by watorrey
                            do we have a spoiler thread yet?
                            I thought we could use this thread for spoilers, like MarkG did with the original tourney games. With six participants in the April game, a separate thread for spoilers seems excessive.

Maybe keep any real key information out until after the 15th of the month, but even that is only a suggestion. There is already one finished game posted (La Fayette) so someone could download that, watch the replay, and learn most everything they need to know

P. S. One more footnote, version 1.21f zips the saved games all the time now, so there is no longer a need to zip before uploading finished games.

Comment

Originally posted by BillChin

There is already one finished game posted (La Fayette) so someone could download that, watch the replay, and learn most everything they need to know
                              ...provided La Fayette's strategy was OK, which remains to be seen .
                              Anyway we play for fun and don't care for cheaters, do we?

Comment

Working...
                              X