No announcement yet.

How do you setup your game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1600 athlon 256 MB really helps those 11 AI civs blitz through their commands . you are allowed to hate me for a moment

Comment

Originally posted by LaRusso
      1600 athlon 256 MB really helps those 11 AI civs blitz through their commands . you are allowed to hate me for a moment
      I think I'm still hating you...

I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

well you can watch casa dos artistas instead

Comment

Re: How do you setup your game?

Originally posted by PrinceBimz
          I have been playing with every last setting on random with either a large or huge map using max number of nations on Regent level.
          I've been using the same setup, usually on a large map. However, I did modify the large map so that it is 150x150, 16 civs, and tech progress is slower.

Also, I always play with what I'm given. I do not restart games because of a poor starting location. Adds to the fun in my opinion.

Ooh, I just remembered. I play with Barbarians on "Raging", not random.
          Last edited by Stuie; May 3, 2002, 09:18.
          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

I played once on a Huge map, and I could write an essay between the turns.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I play as Babylon on the huge map max water with 11 civs and raging barbarians. Can't stand zulu or aztecs.

The barbarian thing is because they hurt the rival civs more than Babylon's bowmen. So, raging barbs give me an edge if I avoid warriors and start with speamen directly and only cause a slightly guilty conscience.

The max water is to keep the civs apart for awhile so they can't trade techs so fast. I turned off the spaceship victory for awhile. But the AI does not rush for modern armour and is pretty easy to kill them at that transition if you've survived that long.

I've never experienced the problems with speed that are bothering some. Do you think that there is a trade off between speed of the game and amount of land on your map, favoring those who use the max water setting?
              Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

These days I play Tiny or Small world and random settings. Large worlds gives the AI an advantage as the various civs seem to gang up on you.

As for machine, I tried my old 300 mhz for one game and then convinced my wife we needed a new 1.7 ghz machine for record keeping purposes for her piano teaching business. Sssssshhhhh!!! Please, don't anyone rat on me.
                Frodo lives!

Comment

Originally posted by LaRusso
                  well you can watch casa dos artistas instead
                  Ugh! Just to see Feiticeira pumped up on steroids?

Back on topic, I don't remember playing a game on a huge map... just large ones. Umm... I never played on tiny maps too... I'll have to try these maps.

And I will definitely reduce espionage costs. Definitely.
                  I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
                  X