No announcement yet.

miscellaneous questoins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The good thing with the free palace jump is, that you DON'T need a GL. It's hard to get one if you are non-militaristic and start on a small continent, wiping out 2 ancient AIs. Most of my MWs were regulars and only few of them could it barely make to elites. Then the continent was mine and I didn't have a single war since then. I had no GL for the whole game so far, and as I don't intend to start a war myself (I have all I need at my continent), I won't see one till the game ends.

Aeson has reported in an earlier thread, that he targeted the free palace jump in a size 9 city but it ended 12 tiles apart in a size 4 city. So it's best, if the target city is the only one size 4+, as I decribed above. I usually add workers (I have plenty of them due to size trims) till it triggers the food and happiness barrier, usually at size 7-9.

As to the built culture: I never build anything in my old capital than units (mostly settlers), so the only culture I have is from the palace. I won't lose a single culture point, and as the palace only jumps and not disappears, it practically persists.

Comment

Easiest palace jump

I suppose the easiest way to jump your palace is very early on.

I use it approx. 75% of all my games: you usually don't start in the best location: just settle and scout and go for the land grab fase. After a while you'll have a decent knowledge of your continent. From very early on I'll usually have decided where (later on) my palace and FP should be. After that it's rather easy to successfully jump early on, just make sure your targeted city is +1 or +2 pops compared to all others (if only +1 I think that other factors such as improvements play a part).

I have only failed two times, and must have succeeded about 25 times.

I've never jumped my palace later on (only in ancient).

AJ
      " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
      - emperor level all time
      - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

Concrete:

on a standard continents map, emperor, I'll jump when I've got around 6 cities. Population in most cities will be dropped due to settlers and (occasional) culture/civ characteristic pop rushings.

Non targeted cities won't have a +2 pop, and the targeted preferably 4.

AJ
        " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
        - emperor level all time
        - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

About the 2 great leader at once issue, in the "French Sucession Game /Read/Play/Enjoy" thread at the Stories Forum we did have 2 GL at the same time.

So, I believe it's possible to have 2.... maybe more difficult... or maybe it was a bug (our Succesion Game crashed later one).

Saluti
          A man who has not been in Italy, is always conscious of an inferiority. -Samuel Johnson- (1709-84), English author
          I love the language, that soft bastard Latin,/Which melts like kisses from a female mouth,/And sounds as if it should be writ on satin/With syllables which breathe of the sweet South.-Lord Byron- (1788-1824), English poet.
          Lump the whole thing! Say that the Creator made Italy from designs by Michael Angelo! -Mark Twain- (1835-1910), U.S. author.

Comment

veerrrry interesting. can you point out the thread? was the save at that point posted? woudl be cool to see. I have heard (on that other board) that the couple of times this (allegedly) happened, the game crashed.

Comment

wow I've never gotten more than 5 or so in a game...I assume all of you are ultrawarmongerers and play as miltaristic civs?

Comment

iirc in the succession game i was recently in we didnt get a single GL! (random civ generator gave us the english , and we lost in 1975 by spaceship...)

Comment

Maybe the problem comes from looking at the "Available leader" box in the mil. advisor...it doesnt look like more than one could fit in there!

Comment

I usually get only .4 GL per big war on average...

My rant should be over now...

Comment

Ok here is the link. http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...0&pagenumber=5

You can see that at turn 12 of gillskill post.

At page 6 Hurricane asked something about that.

Hope this help

Saluti
                      A man who has not been in Italy, is always conscious of an inferiority. -Samuel Johnson- (1709-84), English author
                      I love the language, that soft bastard Latin,/Which melts like kisses from a female mouth,/And sounds as if it should be writ on satin/With syllables which breathe of the sweet South.-Lord Byron- (1788-1824), English poet.
                      Lump the whole thing! Say that the Creator made Italy from designs by Michael Angelo! -Mark Twain- (1835-1910), U.S. author.

Comment

Originally posted by Giovanni August
                        Ok here is the link. http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...0&pagenumber=5

You can see that at turn 12 of gillskill post.

At page 6 Hurricane asked something about that.

Hope this help

Saluti
                        very interesting, giovanni. I saw where it was originally stated by gillskill and the follow up question asked by hurricane, but I didn't see the response by gillskill. maybe he could clear it up?

Comment

Unfortunatly Gillskill is not posting any messages since a long time (AFAIK).

And when he posted the file he had already used the old GL for other purpouses.

Saluti

Comment

Originally posted by Giovanni August
                            Unfortunatly Gillskill is not posting any messages since a long time (AFAIK).

And when he posted the file he had already used the old GL for other purpouses.

Saluti
                            ahh well. maybe there is someone else out there with first hand information.

Comment

Working...
                            X