Is this overkill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this overkill?

I am playing the largest map, continents, warlord. Russia has one have, And I, Joan of Arc, have the other. I needed rubber to upgrade my rifelmen to infantry and get tanks. So I attacked a very close russian city. Well, tried to. The minutie I entered their borders with 6 rifelmen and 10 bombers they came at me with just about every unit they had. I think I counted 200. I was composed of lots of spearmen, swordsmen, pikemen, and longbowman, with a few Infantry and Cossacks. I guess they never upgraded. They headed for another close city of mine so I mobilized for war. I also rebased all 10 bombers in the city, plus 10 new ones. The next turn I added 50 new riflemen to the town and another 15 bombers. I then took my ready 35 bombers and bombed the russian wave. I swear, IF I ONLY HAD A NUKE! They were all in two squares, one next to my city and one behind that. I then shot the first group of fift at my doorstep all to hell. Next turn I spent 5000 on upgrading 100 pikemen to rifelmen. I sent all of these to attack, thank god for railroads, epecialy the ones only I can use!

Now I have 250 rifelmen, with new recruits, and 75 bombers. Their original force is gone and I has only been 5 turns! I now have the rubber to upgrade all 250 to infantry.

Is this Overkill?

nice

not quite as impressive but i did have to have a war with india on marla's world map when i controlled all of europe and africa while india had most of asia. It was a mere 200 units (mostly modern armour and mech inf with a few tanks) against his pitiful cossacks and few tanks, but lots of infantry.

All because ghandi traded rubber to the americans when i invaded them and lost because of their brand new tanks...

big wars are fun

Comment

The number is impressive, but Heavens, who attacks with riflemen?!?

Comment

not quite as impressive but i did have to have a war with india on marla's world map when i controlled all of europe and africa while india had most of asia. It was a mere 200 units (mostly modern armour and mech inf with a few tanks) against his pitiful cossacks and few tanks, but lots of infantry.
        India with Cossacks??

Comment

sorry i meant cavalry...2am...

Comment

I've had a war with about 400 units engaging, it was my first world war.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
              The number is impressive, but Heavens, who attacks with riflemen?!?
              I think Riflemen are one the best units. For some reason, there stats seem to be perfect. I've lost a few modern armor against these guys.
              I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                I've had a war with about 400 units engaging, it was my first world war.
                Now three more to go. (WWII (Hitler), WWIII (Mohammedans invasion of europe), WWIV(Anti-Christ))

Or at least that's what i've read.
                I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Working...
                X