Learning a lot from this one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning a lot from this one

A great starting location really helped on this one. I actually think I'll be able to finish this one without getting crushed. I don't normally play the Zulu's so I had no pre-conceived strategies for them. I destroyed the Persians early, I knew I didn't want to deal with Immortals. They asked for a pittence of gold, I refused, they declared war. Two death squads of 6 Impi and 4 Archers made short work of them. I met the Baby's and Russians, bought tech and traded maps, concluded that both were relatively weak as both had Iron Working but no iron. Then I met the Germans, they're going to be a problem, and the Greeks. I have settled the western island and now have 2 sources of Iron, with Horsemen and Impi guarding a third. I have a settler and Swordsmen enroute. Tonight I begin my conquest of the German empire.

I am above the law!!!
    "Decadent Western Infidel On Board"
    "Even Hell Has It's Heroes"

Good Luck with the Germans
    Up The Millers

Comment

i've found fighting wars in the ancient period against civs that have a UU (Persia, rome, zulus) is not the most effecitve way to win if all you got is swordsman. but waiting till the modern age when you'll finnally get panzers isn't really an option either.

knights on the other hand, kick some serious butt, but you need a lot of em.

sound the charge!
      By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Rothy
        Good Luck with the Germans
        Well, I noticed in most of my games that the AI Germans are really weak. Usually, I (Romans) destroy them before they are able to build Panzers.
        Blah

Comment

Re: Learning a lot from this one

Originally posted by Ghengis Brom
          Tonight I begin my conquest of the German empire.

I am above the law!!!

Mistake number 1.
          I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Working...
          X