Cultural victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Eliminator
    Why don't you try and click off the Cultural Victory option at start game. Makes a lot more sense than "NOT building wonders..."
    But I want a challenge. I'm currently playing a game where I DON'T build any wonder, and see if I can still finish the game (besides world domination).
    I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Cultural and domination are the victory types I haven't got. I find the cultural advisor to be next to useless. "Oh, I should build improvements? Thanks, hon, you're a real help."

I'd like to get a cultural victory, and actually I was going for one my last game, but the opportunity for a diplomatic victory arose and I took it. Which leads me to praise the option of having a diplomatic victory, because it ends the game, but it's not a guaranteed win. In other words, it's the quicker win but there's a bit of risk.
      Above all, avoid zeal. --Tallyrand.

Comment

Can you tell me the Risk of the diplomacy option Ironikinit?

Can the AI get the UN and take the vote and then you lose the game?? if so, how likely is this
        I turn Diplomatic off
        Up The Millers

Comment

Letting the AI build the UN usually leads to a diplomatic loss. With the diplomatic victory turned off, the UN can't be built I think.

Comment

It's possible to build the UN and lose the election, too. I haven't seen the AI build it yet.
            Above all, avoid zeal. --Tallyrand.

Comment

Rothy: when the AI builds the UN, it will frequently hold elections.
              My experience is that you will lose one of the (many) coming elections if you do not spend insane amounts of cash, tech and whatever else you might have in order to secure votes from the other civs.
              "Diplomacy is what comes out the barrel of a cannon"
              - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Originally posted by Patience
                Rothy: when the AI builds the UN, it will frequently hold elections.
                My experience is that you will lose one of the (many) coming elections if you do not spend insane amounts of cash, tech and whatever else you might have in order to secure votes from the other civs.
                That's IF you're powerful enough to be an option for the other civs to vote on.
                I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Originally posted by Rothy
                  'I'm sure a lot of this was due to the Chieftain level i played at'
                  Perhaps
                  Rothy,

There's no need to be mocking or rude. Everyone started as a newbie at some point, whether it was a game in the Civ series or some other TBS game.

As a newbie, I've been posting under the assumption that:
                  1) other newbies might learn from my limited experience and
                  2) more experienced players might be able to extrapolate from the information and apply a nugget to their own strategies (i.e. newbie had success with strategy A, but he gets X bonuses on easy level. adjust strategy to compensate = possibly interesting twist).

A few posters in the thread had questioned the viability of a cultural win at all. I posted simply to share what had worked for me.

You edited out the part of my post where I ACKNOWLEDGED that this strategy probably had little merit above Regent ("peacenik builder on a huge pangeia with Religious and/or Expansionist could be a viable strategy for a couple of levels anyway").

So what's your point? The Civ 3 Strategy Forum is actually the Civ 3 Diety Strategy Forum?

Have some class and remember a time when you hadn't mastered every aspect of TBS games at any level you chose to play at.

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by bsklepzig
                    There's no need to be mocking or rude. Everyone started as a newbie at some point
                    Can you say Civ for the SNES?

Comment

Working...
                    X