the godly ICBM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destroying spaceship

Yes, you can still destroy spaceships "on the ground". Be warned, though, that you have to capture the capital. If you just raze the capital (which is my modus operandi come the modern age, to prevent culture flips), the spaceship movs with the capital to the new location.

This really makes a spaceship destruction mission more of a raid. Zoom in, "capture" the capital long enough to destroy the spaceship, and then watch the inevitable culture flip back to the original civ. Mission accomplished.

Arathorn
    "One Ring to rule them all,
    One Ring to find them.
    One ring to bring them all,
    And in the darkness bind them!"

Comment

In the game I just finished and won by space race, I played on some more and I have about 14 ICBM and about the same number of tacital nukes. Three other AI civs have nueclear weapons as well. I have SDI. Every time I launch my nueaclear weapons I also get hit by the AI civs and all the major powers in the world declare war on me. One thing the computer does is if you have SDI it keeps trying to hit the same city, even if it takes 4 or 5 ICBMs to do it. Some times the second one they fire hits and other times it takes quiet a few hits before the ICBMs get through. So even if someone has SDI you can get their cities with nueclear weapons but will take a lot of them to do it.
      Donate to the American Red Cross.
      Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Re: Destroying spaceship

Originally posted by Arathorn
        This really makes a spaceship destruction mission more of a raid. Zoom in, "capture" the capital long enough to destroy the spaceship, and then watch the inevitable culture flip back to the original civ. Mission accomplished.
        A good idea might be to give the capitol to another Civ after you have destroyed the spaceship. All your units in the city will be transported back to your capitol, and the Civ you gave the city to will have a better chance of keeping it. This is because when you give away a city, all the citizens automatically become the nationality of the receiving Civ.

Comment

Working...
        X