make some extra money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make some extra money

I've just figured out a simple way to get some extra money. Maybe someone else has already posted that or you all do it all the time, anyway, I felt the urge to share.

I lead war against the Chinese because the English had a treaty with me and I had to join them. I half heartedly attacked and conquered a chinese coastal city. I moved out with my troops next turn and traded the city to the English (I had no use for a city so far away). Didn't get very much but 50gold + 10/turn at least. The city then was undefended and the chinese reconquered it. So I conquered back and so forth. I kept doing that with a few cities and gained quite an extra money.
    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

This is a novel idea ... I just can't get it into my head about releasing a city I've conquered, tho. Must be an old Civ 1 or 2 habit.
    Orange and Tangerine Juice. More mellow than an orange, more orangy than a tangerine. It's alot like me, but without all the pulp.

~~ Shamelessly stolen from someone with talent.

Comment

Oh, I forgot one important side effect: The "benefitting" civ is very thankful that you are so nice
      "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
      "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Well gosh dern it ... I just may have to try this one out.
        Orange and Tangerine Juice. More mellow than an orange, more orangy than a tangerine. It's alot like me, but without all the pulp.

~~ Shamelessly stolen from someone with talent.

Comment

Working...
        X