Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Civ 3 is tooo easy.

Originally posted by markusf
    Research until republic then go and set your science rate to 0% for the rest of the game and cash at 100%. Save up cash and buy a tech from the leader and then sell it to 14 other civs. You make about 10 times your money back.
    Just dont play the game this way. Just because you found a loophole, doesnt mean that you MUST exploit it, again and again. Try to mimic the historic reality, and play the game the way it should be played instead. In the long run, thats much more fun.

Comment

I'm not sure I get why that's always a good idea anyway. With some strategies, a tech lead is critically imporant. Doesn't seem like you can have a lead in something that you're buying from someone else.
      "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

>I usually at start put researsh to 10% to get advances in 32
        >turns, then rush to Monarchy (since AIs don't research in that
        >direction).

Having one scientist in any city and setting tech to 0% will give you tech @ 32 turns too

Comment

Re: Re: Civ 3 is tooo easy.

Originally posted by Ralf

Just dont play the game this way. Just because you found a loophole, doesnt mean that you MUST exploit it, again and again. Try to mimic the historic reality, and play the game the way it should be played instead. In the long run, thats much more fun.
          Whaaa. The Voice of Reason!

You hit the nail on the head! This is exactly how I feel about many of the posts about bugs, exploits and kill-dead strategies. Civilization is about well... civilization! Try to play a few games in a more realistic/reasonable playing style and see how far you get.

On the other hand, there are some things that might need patching -it seems buying tech is made too easy, as is trading the same shoe for lots of goodies to everyone... hard to counter I guess.
          But Firaxis shouldn't patch too hastily -I think for example that the corruption level is fine! Adds a nice and realistic challenge.

Comment

software developers must love these people who can come up with a brain dead startegy within months of release so they are forced to go buy another new game... for me I am happy playing Civilisation as a civ building game and spend hours, days weeks, eve nmonths doing it each game.. I get my moneys worth !@@@
            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Re: Re: Civ 3 is tooo easy.

Originally posted by Ralf
              You MUST exploit the loopholes in multiplayer, or someone else does it and kills you off. Yes, I know, they didn´t include multiplayer.

Face it: Much as I like CivIII, this game was insufficiently and unprofessionally playtested.
              Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

Deity + raging barbarians = an interesting early-game challenge.

The combat bonuses that make your units invulnerable at the lower levels are gone; pick your terrain carefully, or your wandering warrior will be toast. Plus, the little white b*st*rds are everywhere! And when their camp is in the hills, it's not so easy to get them out. I was stunned by the increased level of difficulty in this area from the Regent level.

Comment

Working...
                X