Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideal number of cities ...

... or available land size?

In Civ2, I preferred to be alone on a large isolated landmass (played Huge world); develop my infrastructure and then branch out.

Getting to Statue of Liberty and switching to Communism took care of the corruption/waste problem (which is a joke in real-life).

Civ3 tends to favor small, compact city-states otherwise corruption and waste become a problem (or so it seems). Which begs the question(s):

1) how big is too big? I ask because in one game I had to go to hell-and-gone to obtain a horse resource even though I was able to deny the Persians iron - they were killing me with their horse asaults. In that case I established a city but would a protected colony have been better? At least this way I had a steady supply of horsemen even if the road should get cut. So - how many cities is too many?

2) what's the maximum distance before nothing happens in a city due to C&W? This question goes to landmass size as well. It takes time to build FP - especially in a small city that happens to be spaced about the right distance. Which brings up:

3) how far away from your principle city should the FP city be for maximum efficiency? Is it worthwhile to build FP in the principle city and then move your Palace?
    'Meddle not in the affairs of dragons
    For thou art crunchy
    And go well with ketchup.'

well perhaps this can help you some...

Optimal number of cities before corruption,

Tiny map 8
    Small 12
    Standard 16
    Large 24
    Huge 32

this is from civedit rules editor

Comment

I do not want to be alone in Civ3. I want to have someone to conquer. You will need contact early to get trades going, which are very useful.

Comment

Working...
      X