Small Wonders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Wonders

How does one build the Heroic Epic or the Military Academy? I have been trying forever and cannot figure out how to get the victorious army that the computer seems to want to have to build these.
    May you always live in interesting times.
    -Chinese Proverb

It helps if you've got the Barbarian level to at least "Roaming".

If you fight often enough you will get "elite" units. Use these elite units whenever possible in battle to increase your chances of getting a Leader.
    Then, take the leader back to a city, build an army, and go and fight at least one battle.

You should then be able to build those small wonders.
    Good luck!
    My Reach always exceeds my Grasp...

Comment

Great! Thank you very much. I'm currently trying this strategy and hopefully it will work. But can you get leaders from barbarians?
      May you always live in interesting times.
      -Chinese Proverb

Comment

Good question.
        So far I haven't had a leader arise from fighting barbarians.
        But I haven't played a whole lot yet so I'm not sure.
        I also haven't played on any level higher than "Roaming". Perhaps on "Raging" or something you'll get leaders.
        My Reach always exceeds my Grasp...

Comment

I pretty sure you can't get leaders from fighting barbarians, but it is a tolerably good way of getting elite units, and it's elite units that create leaders from combat. Militarist civs tend to get a ton of elite units easily.

Comment

There is no way you can get a leader from winning a battle against a barbarian unit.
            It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Other than not getting a leader from beating back the barbarian hordes, Wille, where did you find this difinitive information?
              The other guys are always barbarians

Comment

Get elite units from fighting the barbs. Then use the elites in a real fight. Unless your military strategy sucks, you should get a leader. Then, an army of elites, then a victory, voila: the small wonders.
                No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
                X