Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get rid of a city?

What works:

Move all units out of city, give, umm no, sell city to another civ for a very high price , declare war, walk back into city and raze it.

What doesn't work:

Lower population to 1, and produce worker. It won't produce it.

Any other ways?

I had this exact same problem.

You can get rid of a city by reducing it to 1 population and building a worker or a settler (or to 2 population and building a settler). The trick is it must have zero excess food and thus zero population growth. Then you get a pop up window asking if you want to abandon the city. Otherwise the city waits until it has enough population to make the unit without disbanding.
    Good = Love, Love = Good
    Evil = Hate, Hate = Evil

Comment

well i had the same problem once, trying to figure out what to do with a useless city.
      than i had discovered the fact how high AI values even pop1 cities

Comment

I gotta say, I like Monoriu's Idea about selling to a foreign empire and then walking back and razing it. Perhaps even more satisfying is if you offer it as a gift to a civ that you are currently at WAR with and then say PSYCHE!! and take it back and raze it!

I guess Razing a city ruins your reputation, though.
        My Reach always exceeds my Grasp...

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeve
          I guess Razing a city ruins your reputation, though.
          Is that not only your reputation according to the civ which city you razed? Are all the civs furious with your razing of that city?
          It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Yes, I think it hurts your all around standing with other civs.
            I haven't verified this, though, and as far as I know there is no way to tell exactly what your reputation is like you could in Civ 2.
            My Reach always exceeds my Grasp...

Comment

Re: How to get rid of a city?

Originally posted by Monoriu
              What works:

Move all units out of city, give, umm no, sell city to another civ for a very high price , declare war, walk back into city and raze it.

What doesn't work:

Lower population to 1, and produce worker. It won't produce it.

Any other ways?
              If you make all the laborers in the city into entertainers, it will allow you to abandon the city when you produce a worker/settler. I like to keep conquered cities and produce workers. Once I abandon the city, I move one of my settlers into the area and make a new one. Then I use the workers to IFE the city so that it builds any building in 2 or 3 turns. Read the thread on IFE to figure out what it is.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Better Yet...

Instead of entertainers, you could make all your citizens tax collectors or scientists and get a small boost out of a useless city. It won't do much, but its better than nothing!

Comment

Working...
                X