has anybody finished the game even once

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anybody finished the game even once

i find myself retiring around the renaissance ages because i'm so discouraged by the scientific progress of my civ.

i have yet to finish one game

that said, i'm gonna random with everything and finish a game, not matter how hella sucky it turns out.

renaissance? I wasn't even able to reach that yet ...

Comment

DP
      Last edited by ixnay; November 1, 2001, 14:15.

Comment

Well, I managed to make it into the industrial right now...

Comment

Finished is such a vague term. Yes, I've finished several games. No, I have not made it into the modern era though I think I will in my current game.

It's so humiliating to see Elizabeth say "Go back to chieftan" after she conquers my last city.

Comment

Nope, haven't finished one yet. Playing on Regent and I've managed to make it to the Industrial Age, fat lot of good it does me. Why doesn't anyone want my horses?

Comment

The AI is a lot better than in Civ 2. Only made it to 1100AD my first game, and now its around there in my second. Doing better this time, so might not retire early like the first one. Only playing at Regent level, too (used to routinely win at Deity in the old game).

Tough, but lotsa fun!
              Eine Spritze gegen Schmerzen, bitte.

Comment

Yeah, I won through cultural victory.
                2001 AD, Chieftan French.

The screen for cultural victory is quite funny.

Comment

I'm kicking butt on Warlord level around 1500 AD, playing as the Greeks. I just entered the industrial era. I'm well on my way to victory, but I can't project yet when I will win or whether it will be cultural or spaceship.

Of course, I haven't discovered the techs for the modern resources yet (oil, rubber, aluminum, uranium). So I could still wind up losing if I have none of them. But I have good relations and active trades with almost everyone else, so hopefully someone will trade them to me if it turns out that I lack them.
                  Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

In the game that I'm playing now, on prince im about to enter modern age and i think i'll win. Even though Im like 4th if going by points, I m the tech leader by a tech or two or more over the others plus i built like the last 8 wonders. And I was lucky enough to have iron and coal inside my capitals city radius. So after having built iron works. coal power plant, factory, the city produces over 100 shields each turn.

Comment

Working...
                    X