Early-game research on Monarch...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by furrykef

When did they change map trading from Map Making to Navigation? My Civ3 strategy guide says you get it at Map Making, and I went through the PTW and C3C readmes, and the C3C manual, and found nothing mentioning a change...hm. It's no big deal, I have a couple of warriors trolling through Aztec territory after signing an RoP, so I'm beginning to catch up on exploration...

Speaking of war, does war weariness stop as soon as war is over, even if I start another war with somebody else on the next turn? War weariness probably won't be a big issue for this little pruning war, but it could be a problem if it "carries over"...if it becomes a big deal I'll switch to Monarchy. The anarchy hit really won't hurt me much and if it does anyway I'd probably be happy to get a little more challenge.

- Kef
    Page 28 show the change in the Middle Ages stuff.

WW will start to disipate, but will take 20 turns.

Comment

Originally posted by furrykef

Speaking of war, does war weariness stop as soon as war is over, even if I start another war with somebody else on the next turn? War weariness probably won't be a big issue for this little pruning war, but it could be a problem if it "carries over"...if it becomes a big deal I'll switch to Monarchy. The anarchy hit really won't hurt me much and if it does anyway I'd probably be happy to get a little more challenge.
      - Kef
      This may help .
      War Weariness

Comment

War weariness, for me, stops instantly with peace.(counter to above?) But then, I never get into that big a hole with war weariness... (so maybe not )
        You do need to be careful though, seeing how the peeps remember which wars cheese them off most

Basically, you can start fighting elsewhere, without worrying about causing a riot. BUT - if you ever get into a losing situation with a given war...you need to end that war ASAP. Loss of 2-3 cities won't kill you - total loss of productivity will

Anyway - I fight major wars and get away with it. Perhaps because I normally either hold steady or win, but still, the point stands - republic wars are both easy and do-able
        It's all my territory really, they just squat on it...!
        She didn't declare war on me, she's just playing 'hard to get'...

Comment

Working...
        X