Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone figured out the AA formula yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catt

Actually, my speculation is [AA Rating] / [Air Defense * 10], but that is based on very limited trials.
    Guess I can rule that one out. Same test as described above, this time with AA value of 5 and Air Defense value of 1. After 367 bombing runs (miskeyed on one bomber), 249 survivors -- an interception rate of 32.15%.

Catt

Comment

Catt, your tests seem to suggest:
      [AA rating] / (10*[Air Defense] + [AA rating])

Test 1: 4.76%
      Test 2: 16.67%
      Test 3: 1.32%
      Test 4: 33.33%

Comment

Originally posted by alexman
        Catt, your tests seem to suggest:
        [AA rating] / (10*[Air Defense] + [AA rating])

Test 1: 4.76%
        Test 2: 16.67%
        Test 3: 1.32%
        Test 4: 33.33%
        Maybe so! I have such a limited number of trials, so it is hard to say -- the deviation in actual verss expected results in Test 2 gives me pause.

I will happily post the (annoyingly involved) scenario I've used thus far if others would be willing to run tests of their own

Catt

Comment

Originally posted by Catt
          I will happily post the (annoyingly involved) scenario I've used thus far if others would be willing to run tests of their own
          No, please do not post the scenario, Catt. I would rather have the uncertainty as to how AA works for awhile longer.

Comment

Re: Has anyone figured out the AA formula yet?

Originally posted by korn469
            I'm getting ready to mod air units soon and I was wondering if anyone had figured out what the exact AA formula was yet? It'd be a big help to me if somebody had.
            Thats easy. The AA formula involves 12 steps..

Comment

Working...
            X