Korean Hwach'a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korean Hwach'a

Just a small query: in the description of the korean special unit, the Hwach'a the game says that it can destroy units rather than just reducing their health, but as it has a rate of fire of one and still will not allow you to bombard units with only one health, how does this work? this is really winding me up, as this would be a really good unit if it actually did what it says on the tin

Very odd... I hadn't tried this yet, but I assumed it was like the Dromon - ROF of 2, so it can kill units with bombard. Perhaps this is another bug, unless someone has managed to use it to kill a unit before..?
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Is your game PtW or Conquests? In PtW Hwach'a doosn't actually have lethal bombardments, albeit the game says it has. So you can't target the redlined units. In Conquests it should work.

Comment

Yeah.. ive only got PTW. thanks for that, i suppose i can change the lethal bombard in the editor i suppose. why does the game lie?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonwhart
          Yeah.. ive only got PTW. thanks for that, i suppose i can change the lethal bombard in the editor i suppose. why does the game lie?
          They changed their minds about giving it lethal land bombardment at quite a late stage, too late to change the manual and after the civ3 website said it would have LLB.

I find it a bit weak in C3C so upped the rate of fire to 2 so it is better than a cannon but removed lethal sea bombardment.
          Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Does anyone find the Hwach'a valuable, or is mostly a useless UU like the F-15 and Man O' War (PTW versions)?

Also, does anyone know how to pronounce Hwach'a? Are you supposed to sound like Fozzie Bear?

Comment

I always thought you were supposed to sound like the Beastie Boys

"So Hwach'a Hwach'a Hwach'a want, Hwach'a want?!?!"

One OS to rule them all,
              One OS to find them,
              One OS to bring them all
              and in the darkness bind them.

Comment

Originally posted by gunkulator
                Does anyone find the Hwach'a valuable, or is mostly a useless UU like the F-15 and Man O' War (PTW versions)?

Also, does anyone know how to pronounce Hwach'a? Are you supposed to sound like Fozzie Bear?
                I wish I could answer this. I've played a grand total of two games as the Koreans. In both games, not only did I NOT have saltpeter, but it wasn't even on the same continent!!!

Furthermore, the AI civs wouldn't trade saltpeter with me for ANY price!!! I guess the AI is smart enough to not give me my UU.

I don't know when I'll get around to playing the Koreans again, but geez...just a lot of bad luck when I play them.

Originally posted by justjake73
                I always thought you were supposed to sound like the Beastie Boys

"So Hwach'a Hwach'a Hwach'a want, Hwach'a want?!?!"

That's hilarious. Now I'll never remember it a different way.
                Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Working...
                X