Archer Rush, Early Palace Jump, Oscillating War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

/me forces himself not to read Aeson's report

A minor update for me here. It's 1100BC. Not a single unit destroyed on the whole continent, but my economy is thriving.

That patch of four Cattle is just ridiculous. I'm using three in my capital of Utica, which allows for a Warrior and a Settler every 4 turns. The Grassland Cattle is being used by Theveste, which (in the screenshot below) will soon be a 2-turn Worker pump. I plan to make Utica a 1-turn Worker pump once I hit Republic.

All other cities are building Barracks and Warriors for the eventual scouring of Egypt and Rome. Hopefully one or both of these will be kind enough to build a Wonder before I run them through. I might switch to Temples in my border towns near Egypt to combat Culture flips.

The only annoying thing that's happened so far is that the Romans will steal the western Ivory patch from under me.
    Attached Files
    And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

I also thought about moving south with my settler, but then I wanted to play it 'difficult'. I'm desperately trying to improve my military skills. Unfortunately, if only remotely I have a chance of playing it 'nice', I will do it. So, by putting my first city on that 'awful' place near the cost, I really had to play it a bit rougher.
      The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
        Hey, I'm a King! I just got promoted and my thousandth post was the above smiley.
        SPAMMER!

Comment

Sorry. Got a bit excited.

Comment

So, the thread ended up showing a fourth Strat forum theme: there's more than one way to skin a cat.
            Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

Yes, and a lot of fur it was....

Comment

Working...
              X