Treasury..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treasury..?

umm i need alittle bit of help here..how do i get my treasury up..? it gets so anoying when that lady says your treasury is dangerously low...so i was wondering how would i get it back up..?

Lower your science bar. Destroy barbarian settlements. Sell tech. Bully other civs into giving it to you.

Comment

When you get the message that says "...dangerously low..", it's a sign that you are spending more than you are making. You can lower your science/luxury bars, sell obsolete units or make deals with other civilizations to temporarily boost your treasury.

Comment

In addition to all of those things, it likely means you have not made enough improvements to your tiles.
        If you are letting the workers run on automate, stop it.
        Be sure to improve tiles that you have citizens working. Look for tiles that are bordering rivers for the extra gold.
        Mine worked tiles until you need food to grow. Do not work tiles on hills until all of the other tiles are improved as it takes longer. Get those roads up.

Comment

Post a save if you need specific advice on a game.

Comment

- Build roads
            - look at the map plan your cities wisely, try to use all river and lake tiles you can get. Use tiles with commerce bonus resources such as gold and gems
            - Build more roads
            - Micromanage. Don't focus too much on production. If you have 2 tiles and one gives 2 food+1 shield, and the other 2 food+2 gold, the second is the better one
            - Build yet more roads
            - As soon as they are available, build libraries and marketplaces, especially in your core cities with rivers and/or commerce bonus resources
            - Did I mention to build roads?

You get the message.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
              - Build roads
              - look at the map plan your cities wisely, try to use all river and lake tiles you can get. Use tiles with commerce bonus resources such as gold and gems
              - Build more roads
              - Micromanage. Don't focus too much on production. If you have 2 tiles and one gives 2 food+1 shield, and the other 2 food+2 gold, the second is the better one
              - Build yet more roads
              - As soon as they are available, build libraries and marketplaces, especially in your core cities with rivers and/or commerce bonus resources
              - Did I mention to build roads?

You get the message.
              this is good stuff
              Gurka 17, People of the Valley
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

The early age is very important,

In the early age , you should attack a nearby civ (or more) to get some early essential technology, by this, you can save a lots of money from researching fund.

In the middle age of the ancient, you should build the Great Library, and sell your technologies to other civ.

So you never need research any tech before the GL is disable, and you should have enormous sums of money to maintain your empire.

If you attack early, you will have more room in the land to build city and expand, so you will build your FP more early. In a big or huge map, a FP means approximately double your empire's output ( include earning, science output, shields, population, area, and even culture if you have the Pyramid in the Dyp ) So you have two empire but other civs have only one, undoubted you will win.

In the despotism, you can hurry build&unit by kill people, so you should build the Stonehedge (the pyramid in civ3) more early, and find some place which have more food to grow your population, when you attack early it will be easy to hurry the Stonehedge by the GLeader. So before you change your government to the communism you needn't spend your treasury on building, you will surely scrape up many lots of money.

For me , the treasury is never a significant aspect in the game , there is never a victory even if you are rich as Bill.

So before your empire is deficit, try use your treasury to enlarge your army and get more culture point , you will enjoy your achievement very much.

Wish you have more pleasure in the game !

Comment

Ok Fanes, so I like what you are saying here.

My question to you is: Do you take over foriegn cities or leave them in ruins?
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

SR's advice is great.

I would add that gaining a branch tech lead and selectively selling techs is also a tremendous way to not only build up your own treasury but to concurrently drain the AI civs'.
                    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Sell everything you can:

1. extra luxuries
                      2. extra resources
                      3. Techs (if you are ahead, just keep a 1-2 techs advance, that's enough).
                      4. your word map (evry turn, even for 1 gold)

Check the possibilities on your diplomatic screen EVERY TURN.
                      Also play a commercial and/or industrious civ.

Don't forget: BUILD ROADs (lot's of).
                      The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
                        Ok Fanes, so I like what you are saying here.

My question to you is: Do you take over foriegn cities or leave them in ruins?
                        For the sake of having 16 cities, I would not leave the foriegn city in ruins.

When I have enough more city (almost 40), I would be very burdensome to manage them. In that time, I only like to destroy the enemy units and wouldn't like to take possession of the foriegn cities.

Comment

Originally posted by fanes7

For the sake of having 16 cities, I would not leave the foriegn city in ruins.

When I have enough more city (almost 40), I would be very burdensome to manage them. In that time, I only like to destroy the enemy units and wouldn't like to take possession of the foriegn cities.
                          Thanks for your reply.

Therefore, you do not mind the dramas of occupying cities etc.

Personally if the city is strategically placed, has a wonder I like to leave it in ruins... maybe it is a faze I am going through...
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

haha, Sometimes I leave the foreign city in ruins for the sake of its place, but I never allow the foreign city complete their wonder, if they do, means my fault, and I will play a new game again.

In PtW, the unhappy-of-war of the foreign city can be eliminated by hurry off the foreign people.

Comment

I do not understand what you mean by "Hurry off the Foriegn People...."

Something that I have been missing in my games?
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                              X