Damn Romans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn Romans!

All right this is really a screwed up story! I started out as the americans and started expanding quickly. One of my scouts found the roman empire. I sent about 5 archers, 3 warriors, and 2 settlers.(to get ready for more cities after I conquer)Anyway, I took Rome and then Viel. i knew they were not finished because the message about destroying them didn't come up. About 45 turns later I find the Egyptians. I thought that they would have a large empire. right? but no. they were sorrounded by the romans. They also had a like almost no tech! I sent over 15 longbowmen. To the new rome capital they failed! I couldn't believe it! Then the Egyptians signed a military alliance with Rome against me! I was the one trying to save them! Ungrateful bastards! The Romans sent a massive mix of troops and wouldn't stop coming! I signed a peace treaty. Then i signed a war alliance with Rome against Egypt! I was pissed off so i went and conquered Rome and Egypt just for the hell of it ! Who's the inferior civ now!
    France
    3.70%
    Russia
    0.00%
    America
    11.11%
    Japan
    3.70%
    China
    18.52%
    Rome
    22.22%
    Greece
    7.41%
    other
    33.33%

The poll is expired.

Sounds like you encountered a "respawn."

If you wipe out an AI civ early in the game when there is lots of empty land left, they will instantaneously reappear, with bonus units, technology & money (dunno if it varies by level, but for me - on Monarch - it's usually a free city, 1 settler, several spearmen & archers, 2 workers & 100 gold).

Often the best course of action in that situation is to immediately make peace, grab their 100 gold, any tech you don't have, and their workers, and then finish them off later on.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

What the problem? Sound like fun to me. If it was a respawn, you can select to not allow that.
      What you saw is very common. If you do not want to have both jump you, you should make a pact with the Babs and then attack Rome.
      I think it adds to the fun, the idea that you can get upset my a transgression and what to get even.

Comment

I voted for the Romans.

I like the Celts too.
        A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

I used to always play Random, but I've been picking Caesar for the past few games.

Comment

"Best" civ depends on too many factors. There simply isn't a best civ. In order to really answer that question, you need to specify: difficulty level, world settings, cultural linking (yes/no), and style of play.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

As far as your poll...

It's a tie between America and China. America because Industrious is a must and Expansionist can be mean. China because Industrious, Militaristic is very fun, and Riders seal the deal.

Comment

Best what?

Civ to play, or civ to take on Rome?

Edit: Or best AI civ?
                The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
                  I voted for the Romans.

I like the Celts too.

Comment

Hmm, my favorites at the moment are:
                    Egypts, Celts and sometimes the Iroqious.

Comment

Working...
                    X