Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much time do you spend playing Civ ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much time do you spend playing Civ ?

1 or 2 times/week for less that 4 hours total time
    1 or 2 times/week for more that 4 hours total time
    Every second day for less than 4 hours total time
    Every second day for more that 4 hours total time
    Every day for at least 1 hour
    Every day for at least 2 hours
    Every day for 3 hours or more
    I don't play Civ, I eat bananas
    1-2 times a week for less than 4 hours total
    10.53%
    1-2 times a week for more than 4 hours total
    23.68%
    Every second day for less than 4 hours total
    10.53%
    Every second day for more than 4 hours total
    10.53%
    Every day for at least 1 hour
    10.53%
    Every day for at least 2 hours
    23.68%
    Every day for at least 4 hours
    7.89%
    2.63%

The poll is expired.

The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Well, certainly not a mind-boggling poll, but curiosity killed the cat and I was just... curious.

Of course, I won't make you the affront of a second poll about how much time you spend on 'poly

Comment

Far, far too much lately. Serves me right for attempting GOTM with only 2 weeks to go (nearly finished - just 2 turns - AAAARRRRGH!)
      Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
      "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Too much in the eyes of my wife, too little according to myself. Every other day, more than 4 hours.
        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

When civ2 came out I played every minute I didn't absolutely have to be doing something else, like going to work, cutting grass, stuff like that. On weekends, it was not unusual for me to start playing civ when I got up in the morning and still be playing before I went to bed. Sometimes I would play 16 to 20 hours straight bringing my meals to the computer. This lasted for years until AOK came out.

I got civ3 when it first came out but haven't really played it that much. It's a great game but I was hooked on writing AI scripts for AOK. I got kinda burned out on that so now I'm playing civ3.
          Last edited by Kirby; April 30, 2003, 08:46.

Comment

If I count the time spending in this forum too, then my vote is for the 2 hours daily making love with civ3.

Comment

About 3 hours a week. This is actually a good thing IMO. I would have overplayed and burnout had I had more time to play. AU has helped keep the game interesting too.

Comment

I can't decide weather Poly cuts into my Civ time or Civ cuts into my Poly time.
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

@ plato!

I voted "at least one hour per day" because that's what I figure my playing averages out to. I often play for several hours per night, but then there are days where I don't even turn on the computer (at home, that is ).

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

A game takes me anywhere from 18 - 40 hours or more to complete. (An hour of that is restarts just to get the set up I want).

So I prefer to play every day, a couple/three hours a day until finished, then take a good breather before starting a new one. With CTP/CTP2 I was much worse. About 40-60 hours a week.
                    Maybe More

- Edited the poor math.
                    Last edited by TheArsenal; May 1, 2003, 18:49.
                    "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

who plays civ anymore?

we live the civ.
                      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

hi ,

it depends , sometimes 4-6 hours in a row ( flight ) , sometimes nothing , other weeks 1-2 hours a day , ....

have a nice day
                        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Re: How much time do you spend playing Civ ?

Originally posted by Mountain Sage
                          One person has voted eat bananas !
                          C3C ISDG Final Round : Actively Lurking

Comment

Re: Re: How much time do you spend playing Civ ?

Originally posted by rush

One person has voted eat bananas !
                            I hope it's not one of those cheese-eating monkeys whatever....

Comment

I spend all my time on 'Poly and tweaking stuff in the editor.

Comment

Working...
                              X