No announcement yet.

How Do You Like Your Cities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

During RExing, my cities never go over 6, except for the 1 or 2 which I put aside for Wonder-making. These are usually near a river, so they can grow as fast as they can. With my fast Workers, all the tiles are worked anyway. Of course, they get a temple and 2 Warriors (under Despotism).
    The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

I want big cities, as big as possible. Later in the game I like huge monsters with populations of 30 or more. I know this is bad strategy because I irrigate grassland and plains even if it would be better to mine them as I want that extra point of population. I also place most of my cities so they can eventually expand to work all 21 squares when I would be better off with denser spacing. Strategy is thus sacrificed for tomfoolery. Umh, did I mention I like bige cities.

Comment

Medium Rare.

Comment

On standard maps and smaller I always go 3-tile and usually do not feel the strain from potentially smaller cities as long as I build up some good infrastructure.

On huge maps I've found Ralphing (coupled with massive ancient/medieval warmongering) to be very effective as in the industrial age I disband my military camp cities and en up with mammoth production centers OCPed.
          A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Working...
          X