Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slightly OT: How do you build your palace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have looked for a way to turn the palace off, but I can't find any. Does anyone know? I remember it was possible in CIV2.
    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

I do like Thirgaral, always try to make it as ugly as possible. And Olaf, no, I don't think it is possible to turn it off. Maybe if you delete the folder with the graphics files, but that might just as well crash the game. You might want to try it.

Comment

I first build two levels of main builting.
        Then the stairs and floor.
        Then pillar and trees.
        After that lower level of side buildings.
        Then another level of main building.
        Then second level of side buildings.
        And, at the end connection between side and main building.

Comment

How do you build your palace?
          very carefully...
          Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
          King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
          ---------
          May God Bless.

Comment

Currently with the escape button on the "wanna build palace?" dialog, as the palace screen often crashes my PC.

Pre-crashing, after seeing enough of the monostyles I started mixing and matching, trying for harmony, resonance and horzontal & vertical symetry. I especially liked having eastern nestled inside mayan in the 'inside left' and 'inside right' positions.

Comment

Originally posted by Olaf HÃ¥rfagre
              I have looked for a way to turn the palace off, but I can't find any. Does anyone know? I remember it was possible in CIV2.
              I don't think you can turn it off, but you can check the "x" or "no" answer in the pop-up box informing you of the people's "offering to improve your palace." It's still a clcik, but at least you don't have to go to the palace screen itself to get back to the game.

Catt

Comment

Catt,
                been there, done that, thank you! (I know, it's not your fault) It still annoying if you just want to play the game. The palace has no function other than adding to the "fun" or "annoyance" (pick one), so the off option would be a good idea.
                So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

I do like Thirgaral
                  Whoa, at the first look, that seemed to be something else than it was...
                  And ever after, sun shone upon the land of Sunshinia...

Comment

Just to know: if you click cancel on first quiestion about building a palace, you will NOT be asked anymore for whole game.

P.S.
                    Exepmt if you go to Palace screen again.

P.P.S.
                    Civ1 Palace was fun.
                    Civ2 Throne was booooring (and slow drawing on those 486's)
                    Civ3 Palace is fun again.

Comment

Working...
                    X