No announcement yet.

courthouses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your computer is twice as fast as mine then and you got a 2" bigger screen. I think I wait with playing on huge maps until I get a faster computer.

I know who 'the eggman' is but I don't know much abut SF/fantasy.
    Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Courthouses definately help on conquered cities. I usually build eithier temple-library-courthouse or temple-courthouse-library depending on what the level of corruption is. If my cash position is good, I will rush the temple. If corruption is very bad and my cash is good, I will rush the courthouse also.

Courthouses do take time to become effective. (It takes time to try all those cases!). What the exact relationship is on how much effect they have, I just don't know. Over time they work fairly well. The addition of police stations and having WLTKD can make a distant conquered city pretty viable in production terms.
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Wait, are you saying that courthouses become more effective over time? If I build a courthouse in city X and city X's population doesn't change for, say, 20 turns, the courthouse will be more effective on turn 20?

You can't fight in here! This is the WAR room!

Comment

Originally posted by Yahweh Sabaoth
          Wait, are you saying that courthouses become more effective over time? If I build a courthouse in city X and city X's population doesn't change for, say, 20 turns, the courthouse will be more effective on turn 20?

This appears to be the case from my experience. Although I have not conducted a formal test to determine this. Initially, when a courthouse is built, I see little to no drop in corruption levels. Looking back in 10-20 turns I do notice lowered corruption levels. This would seem to imply that there effectiveness does increase over time.
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

wow.

I hope some can verify/rebut this.
            You can't fight in here! This is the WAR room!

Comment

Originally posted by Yahweh Sabaoth
              wow.

I hope some can verify/rebut this.
              Me too.

Comment

If a courthouse can add 1 shield to a city that only produces 1 shield after corruption, I find that extremely useful. That 2nd shield means you can build anything twice as fast as before. A combination of courthouses and good palace/FP placement will decrease your corruption significantly.
                Civilization3
                This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
                If the problem persists, please contact the program vendor.
                Blah!

Comment

Plato, I don't think what you're stating is true. It's probably due to the fact that your city grows within that time and therefore produces more shields. However, the ratio probably stayed the same. You might notice some irregularities with the rounding though...

--Kon--
                  Get your science News at Konquest Online!

Comment

Courthouses and police stations are most effective for late game pushes under communism, where your core cities will experience corruption. Being in a democracy, then having to switch for a potental war to commy without a core built with courthouses and police stations can really hurt your economy. Also under communism almost any location on the map can have descent sheild production with both Courthouse and policestation.....although the lower rate of trade means you'll never equal a well designed democracy's research rate....but when you've got tanks, and set your self to war mobilization, who cares? ^_^

Comment

Uhh, courthouses do not become more effective over time, except that over time your cities grow, you may chance into a better system of government, and you may get cities into "We Love the President Day."

Their corruption/waste-fighting power is fixed (though I confess I'm not exactly sure what it is... 25% reduction?).

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I thought it was 50%, but only for corruption that exists because of distance from the capital. When you go over the ONC, extra corruption is added in distant cities, and I don't know if courthouses affect this corruption at all (correct me if I'm wrong please).

Communism is wonderful in a gigantic empire with courthouses and police stations.
                        Civilization3
                        This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
                        If the problem persists, please contact the program vendor.
                        Blah!

Comment

Yeah they do help some I also moved my capital and the city that lost the capital lost production and the city that gained it gained production. The main reason I moved it was because my capital was near the ocean.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                            Uhh, courthouses do not become more effective over time, except that over time your cities grow, you may chance into a better system of government, and you may get cities into "We Love the President Day."

Their corruption/waste-fighting power is fixed (though I confess I'm not exactly sure what it is... 25% reduction?).

-Arrian
                            I bet what I was seeing was a WLTPD. Thought that it was weird to see the courthouse producing better results over time. It looks like what I was seeing had to be something else. Thanks for the info folks!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Sage
                              BTW, who said 'I am but an egg?'. Since it's not Anne Mc Caffrey, is it H. Turtledove ?
                              Heinlein, MS.

As in "I am but an egg. In time, I will grok the fullness of Civ3."

The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Courthouses, like ALL OTHER BUILDINGS, get build everywhere.

EDIT:

Well, maybe that's a bit much.

But as I do try to get just about every town and city contributing to the cause, there are certain things that I gotta have. and courthouses are one of them.
                                The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
                                X