Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deliberate non-expansion. Guaranteed Battle Training.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deliberate non-expansion. Guaranteed Battle Training.

I think this is kinda fun. Its too easy to make a spanning civilization (and its easier to say that too). Ive been playing games building no more than, say, six cities. Time flies and im massively outnumbered, but it teaches you how to fight. If you know the score with the game then this is a challenge and, after playing the game over and over again it puts a bit of life into the game.

Without nukes at hand, ive lost every time. (none of that chieftan stuff of course).

I like the idea... haven;t done a "limited number of cities" challenge yet. Having too much fun with AU 207 for the moment though.
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

You could just go OCC.

Comment

I might give this a shot. OCC feels to contrived for my tastes... but keeping a tight knit empire, where I really care about each city might be fun.

Comment

Some people find 5CC a challenge
          badams

Comment

Originally posted by badams52
            Some people find 5CC a challenge

With the speed I expand at the AI has that challenge.

Comment

How about an alternative OCC, where capturing cities is allowed - the warmonger's OCC

Comment

Then it wouldn't be an OCC anymore
                badams

Comment

how about the only rule being to have no more than 6 cities at any time, then you would be allowed to do a conquer victory if you wanted? It would make for a pretty normal early game, but a very different late game.

Comment

Then it wouldn't be an OCC anymore
                    I beg to differ it's still a One City Challenge, referring to the one city that you are allowed to found. But we could maybe agree to calling it the BNS challenge - BNS for 'Build No Settlers' challenge ...

Comment

It's just that when one mentions OCC, it is very specific in that you only have one city, no capture (raze is fine though), no settling.
                      badams

Comment

i do this. not as prohibitive as OCC. real challenge, lots of fun.

Comment

Good one Don Giovanni, BNS RULEZ

Comment

I will have to try this BNS challenge myself one day. Of course popping settlers/villages from huts would spoil the fun, so one will have get rid of them.

... and excuse me for digressing away from the original subject. I just thought "Why 5 cities or 6 cities?" and got carried away

Comment

5 cities is the "magic" number. 5 cities allows Battlefield Medicine, Wall Street, and other small wonders that require 5 of something. BTW, when we say 5 city challenge, it means 5 and no more through capturing or anything else. I think it is a good and interesting challenge.
                              badams

Comment

Working...
                              X