No announcement yet.

Funny/absurd stories: invasion fleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to get a chuckle out of the AI's pathetic attempts at amphibious invasions- Until I played a game against the Greeks. The Greeks were a moderatly powerful tibe at the time with a good navy built up. was having a little trouble with the japanese (not with the combat, just slogging through the dense Japanese jungle) so to help with WW which was just starting to creep its ugly head (I would have my democracy deposed twice before the game was over) I didn't really expect any help from the Greeks but just as I was closing with the remanants of the Japanese here comes the Greek navy in ALL its splender. 3 carriers at least 10 destroyers and a like number of battleships. To top it off it landed at leat 10 transports full of MI's and MA's to wipe out the last two Japanese cities. It was the first and only time I have ever seen the AI pull off a well thought out and completely successful Amphibious Assault and it sent a shiver up my spine.

Big Dork:

The unit does not have to spot the sub if it runs into the sub it will still attack the sub (which really needs fixing IMO)
    * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
    * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
    * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
    * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Mad Bomber...

I totally agree. That's one of my big problem with it too.

BigD
      Holy Cow!!! BigDork's Back!

BigDork's Poll of the Day over at MZO. What Spam Will It Be Today?

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
        3 carriers at least 10 destroyers and a like number of battleships. To top it off it landed at leat 10 transports full of MI's and MA's to wipe out the last two Japanese cities.
        (well, the greeks do tend to have good navies. )

Comment

Working...
        X