Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One on one game?

Game setup: only one opponent.

Has anyone tried this kind of game? Is it harder/easier than with multiple opponents? And most important - was it a boring game?

This goes without saying, that a cultural victory is automatic with this kind of setup, sinde I've noticed that AI is so bad at cultural development. So I think culture should be disabled.

Is one-on-one game completely pointless?
    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

One on one games are nice short training games. My first deity win was a one on one on a tiny pangea map. It's significantly easier than with more opponents. And the victory type to aim for is of course conquest and not culture.

Comment

Ahemm... ah yes, conquest. Diplomatic victory is not even possible..

BTW, Sir Ralph, your quote is quite hilarious

Comment

I did it once, but with me on a standard map with me on one continent, he on the other. Wanted to see if I could out play the AI. This was a while ago when I was still playing regent. The funny thing was, I had to use the editor to take away all but two starting points on a random map to make the AI on the other continent. It seemed that every time I asked for 1 opponent, they ALWAYS wound up on my continent.
        badams

Comment

Unfortunately the AI will take AGES to settle all the unused space
          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Hehe... I tried the tiny-Pangaea-Deity against one opponent. Actually, it was two continents. I was the romans, my opponent was the English. While I was still searching for monarchy, the English had already discovered invention&gunpowder (and who knows what else).

They had all the wonders so far (pyramids, great wall, colossus, lighthouse, great library, art of war and oracle) and had started building sistine chappel and leonardo's workshop.

And I was still researching for monarchy, and I've skipped many ancient techs...

Comment

Working...
            X